Replacement plasma torches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement plasma torches

Hello, I'm new to hobart weld talk and have been reading some of the post and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a miller spectrum 500 it has a apt 5000 torch on it. It shorted out in the head of the torch i cut it apart and found the problem. But the parts to fix it are not available. So i have been looking for replacement torches the cheapest i have found so far is from weldmart online. The torch is a ALFHA-2 air plasma retrofit. What i would like to know is if its any good? Is weldmart a good company to deal with? Has anybody heard of weldmart before? Better yet! Does anybody have any old apt 5000 torches lay around? I have found out recently that life without a plasma cutter REALLY SUCKS!!!

A new Miller ICE-55c complete torch with 25' leads is $441.50 + free shipping from cyberweld.com. I think it's a direct replacement, but call Miller to make sure. Wouldn't have to worry about obsolete consumables then. Or you can get just the 55c torch body for about $280. The cheapest I could find the apt torch for was $614. Here's the link for the ICE-55c:

http://store.cyberweld.com/icpltopa3.html

again... call Miller to check retrofit. 1-800-231-9353

Better to put a factory torch back on. If you have trouble, you know who to deal with and you can buy consumables anywhere. Plus it's made here too, and Cyberweld is a reliable company. ---Mike---
    BUY AMERICAN... THE JOB YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!!!!!

Hobart Champion 16
    Miller external secondary contactor
    stick foot pedal
    remote voltage control(homemade)
    Hobart Portafeed 17(w AG-2000 control box)
    Bernard Q350 mig gun
    Hobart AG-2000 pull gun
    Lincoln Hi-Freq k799(yes, I know it's red)
    Weldcraft CS300 tig torch
    Miller RFC-23A foot pedal
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 50
    Victor 450/300 series torches
    oodles of connecting cords

I can fix it, just pay me to replace it first

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hoezee View Post
      The torch is a ALFHA-2 air plasma retrofit. What i would like to know is if its any good? Is weldmart a good company to deal with? Has anybody heard of weldmart before? Better yet! Does anybody have any old apt 5000 torches lay around?
      Weldmart is an excellent outfit to deal with, and the owner Larry knows his stuff. That being said, the Alpha torches he sells as retrofits are the same ones that come on Harbor Freight plasma cutters, and I wasn't that impressed with them.

Have your Miller dealer check for retrofits, or call Miller direct and talk to a plasma technician. My Spectrum 300 had an obsolete torch on it, and Miller provided the number for a substitute that was specifically designed as a replacement for that machine.
      Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Working...
      X