Lincoln ProCut 25 Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln ProCut 25 Board

Is it possible to purchase a rebuilt Board or get someone to rebuild one?
    Can't seem to be able to get wiring Diagram with Component ID's.
    Any help on this?
    Thanks

And you won't either considering that unit isn't made by Lincoln. did't notice the Made in Italty sticker?? There is nothing you can do to repair the board/s anyways. Don't even bother! All components are italian, some are oem#'d, and several are factory programable chips.
    Last edited by ventureline; 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

TS24106-40 INPUT BOARD $416.15 USD
      S24106-41 CONTROL BOARD $426.57 USD
      S24106-42 MAIN BOARD $1,315.60 USD

his is why I hesitate on Lincoln Products.
      The Unit new doesn't cost this much and thats why I'mm looking for somebody that can repair a board, but I don't think you can get the parts list for the componets on the Board !
      **** I could almost fly to Italy and back for less money

Comment

Yes, there are products in every brand that you have to be warry of, the Procut 25 first off had alot less warranty than the other products Lincoln actually manufactured. What is the problem, is it just not switching from 115 to 230? It usually locks itself in 230 if there is a switching problem.

Comment

I was able to get the complete Schemaic and parts list, now to find someone to read them and give estimate !

Comment

Originally posted by jonesiera View Post
            I was able to get the complete Schemaic and parts list, now to find someone to read them and give estimate !
            What are you looking to find out? What is wrong or what is the machine doing or not doing. I can read a schematic and tell you what is what.

Comment

I guess I should have said I'm interested in finding someone that can test the Componets and replace what is bad
              I'm going to check around the Ivy Tech School for someone in advanced Electronics that would be able to trouble shoot the possible problems.
              I can read the Schematic but unable to determine the various functions of the Electronics and values.
              I thought someone might know a person that would be able to diagnose the
              potential problem and repair same , and was checking the guys on the board.

Comment

Yes, and you will notice that most of the parts list is in Italian.

Alot of these parts are programable chips, how are you planning to go around that.

NOT WORTH FIXING AT ANY COST!!

These boards are mostly SMD's, surface mount devices. Takes a specialized shop to replace these. Going to cost you a whole lot of money and the charge is generally 50% that of a new board, even if it doesn't work.

We also repair boards, and I wound'nt even touch this one.

WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM??
                Last edited by ventureline; 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesiera View Post
                  um... would you happen to still have that schematic and parts list for
                  the Lincoln Pro Cut 25??

Comment

Flying to Italy is one thing. Carrying on an intellegent conversation with the locals (once you get there, is an entirely different matter).
                    So little time...So many machine tools.........
                    www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
                    Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
                    Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
                    Harris OA
                    Too many motorcycles.............-
                    sigpic

Comment

I would give these guys a call. I have never used them but have heard a lot of good things about their work:

http://www.arc-products.com/pcboards.php
                      Lincoln PowerMig 255
                      Hypertherm Powermax 45
                      Thermal Arc 161S
                      Still Looking for an old Round Top Idealarc 250

Comment

SidecarFlip wrote:
                        "Flying to Italy is one thing. Carrying on an intellegent conversation with the locals (once you get there, is an entirely different matter). "

To SidecarFlip-
                        yeeehee hee hee hee..... hee hee hee.... yep, comedian in every crowd.

morgaj1 wrote:
                        " I would give these guys a call. I have never used them but have heard a lot of good things about their work:
                        http://www.arc-products.com/pcboards.php "

To: morgaj1-
                        Thanks! I will give them a shout.

Comment

I like to keep it light. Part of my charm. Would you prefer me to be an oger?
                          So little time...So many machine tools.........
                          www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
                          Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
                          Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
                          Harris OA
                          Too many motorcycles.............-
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi, so you see, you should have bought something made in China, at least when it goes wrong you can get more for it as scrap parts than bothering to repair it....LOL......you're probably being punished for buying foreign goods.
                            Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by ventureline View Post
                              Yes, and you will notice that most of the parts list is in Italian.

Alot of these parts are programable chips, how are you planning to go around that.

NOT WORTH FIXING AT ANY COST!!

These boards are mostly SMD's, surface mount devices. Takes a specialized shop to replace these. Going to cost you a whole lot of money and the charge is generally 50% that of a new board, even if it doesn't work.

We also repair boards, and I wound'nt even touch this one.

WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM??
                              Pretty much...

You might have some success in asking a tech student to look at the unit -- however, it may take a long time for him to troubleshoot the unit, since he would not likely be experienced with welding equipment in general, to say nothing of this specific unit.

I'm an electrical engineer by training, and when someone hands me a faulty circuit and a schematic and I've never seen the device before, it can take quite a while to simply determine what the circuit is supposed to do when it works... let alone discover what went wrong. Sometimes, you get lucky and a component is visibly burned, exploded, etc... but sometimes you don't and you have to do more involved troubleshooting.

It's relatively unlikely that any of the custom-programmed ICs (chips) failed unless the unit was subjected to a lightning strike or other catastrophic event, but one thing to keep in mind is that components sometimes need to be replaced with identical ones for safety reasons (many times, close enough is OK, but sometimes there are critical parts). Will it be possible to determine the critical ones from the Italian documentation?

I hate to call it a lost cause, especially since I enjoy fixing "unrepairable" items for my own use... but when you have to pay someone for his time, it gets expensive fast. (My "friend" rate is $35/hour and my "general" rate depends on the type of work, but it would be substantially more).
                              Last edited by BMonster; 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM. Reason: Expand

Comment

Working...
                              X