thermal dynamics pak master 100xl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermal dynamics pak master 100xl?

hello all. I am looking at a used thermal dynamics pak master 100xl. Any one have info on these. Seller has it about 10 years and says it is practically new. Asking $1500 for it. I know thats a big savings over new . I think they were up over $2000. Any info or things I should look for when I check it out.
    Thanks...Dave

There was an add on filter for the pak master. I think I'd like to know if it was installed on that unit. Also what other other air filtering was used. I am not familiar with too many problems with that unit other than something about moisture getting into the tubes? Someone else may be using a 100xl and be of more help. Sounds expensive for a 10 year old machine.IMHO

Good Luck
    Phil

Comment

I have the 75 and it has worked well for me. I paid 1000 bucks for it almost 10 years ago. And yes, it has paid it way.
      The versatility of the input voltage is great when working in different locations with different power supplies.
      Consumable life seems acceptable depending on the operator skill level, or lack there of.
      SA200,Ranger8,Trailblazer251NT,MM250,Dayton225AC,T D-XL75,SpoolMate3545
      SGA100C,HF-15-1 RFCS-14 100% portable

Comment

thanks guys. I am still wondering if it's worth the money. I don't think I will ever have the need to cut more than 1/4 inch and this is rated for 1". I am still thinking it over.
        Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by daveb View Post
          thanks guys. I am still wondering if it's worth the money. I don't think I will ever have the need to cut more than 1/4 inch and this is rated for 1". I am still thinking it over.
          Thanks for the info
          I forgot to add that it does seem priced high. It would have to be in mint condition and me have a need that would pay for it. The torch parts are not cheap either.
          Will make quick work of 1/4 inch metal. As fast as you can move the torch.
          SA200,Ranger8,Trailblazer251NT,MM250,Dayton225AC,T D-XL75,SpoolMate3545
          SGA100C,HF-15-1 RFCS-14 100% portable

Comment

the price is a bit high for a decade old unit, new they go for 3k bux.
            it's a nice unit in as much as it has a range of 15-80A, 3 amps more than a baby PAC to a full, blow the azz outta stuff 80 amps. this is nice 'cause some larger units don't go down low enough to use on thin materials without either racing along and the requiste crappy cut line or a bunch of low speed dross you spend time cleaning off. get them to come down onna price, get a full set of consumables (all three nozzles, and some electrodes, swirl rings, gouge nozzle, etc.) and be happy to be able to cut from auto body sheet to the thickest you'll probably ever encounter.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. Thats the info I was hoping to find out pumpkin. I would be using it down to the 18 gauge range up to about 1/4 inch. I am going to see if they will take $1000 for it. If not I will probably just leave it alone. They say it has less than 20 hours on it ,but who knows??

Comment

I had a pakmaster 100XL for about 5 years and really liked it, strong unit. I had to sell and buy a Cutmaster 101 for my plasma table as the pakmaster is high frequency start which would make short work of the cnc computers. The cutmaster is 'snap start' and specifically designed for cnc. And I bought a hand torch for it also. I sold my pakmaster for $1,600. So $1,500 isn't to un-reasonable. Thermal-Dynamics is the Cadillac of plasma cutters as far as I'm concerned. We have a pakmaster 50 at work and the monkeys that use it haven't killed it yet.

Comment

just a thought. why not get a brand new cutmaster 51, rated for 1/2 inch. only $ 1380 brand new.
                  5 rules for happiness:

1. free your heart from hatred
                  2. free your mind from worries
                  3. live simply
                  4. give more
                  5. expect less

milwaukee 12 amp 4.5" angle grinder
                  Rigid chop saw
                  Rigid 3" drill press
                  4 X 6 horizontal band saw
                  porter cable 1410 dry cut saw
                  milwaukee 8" metal cutting circular saw
                  Van Sant 1 HP multi-tool/grinder
                  O/A setup
                  TA 185
                  MM 212
                  Cutmaster 52

Comment

I am thinking of buying new. The seller refused my offer.No big deal it will just give me more time to save money and shop around.

Comment

Working...
                    X