Hypertherm 1000 circle cutter attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertherm 1000 circle cutter attachment

Whats the best one? And where should I buy it?
    TIA, Tom

Tom,
    After using one on my Hypertherm 900 I would have to say that the best one is home built from either a piece of Masonite or plywood. There is a lot of slop in the attachment for any circle larger than say 12"-16". On thinner material, say under 1/4", it would be problematic running the cutter at a speed sufficient to obtain a precision cut with the attachment. Much easier to slap on a template and go.

While it isn't a shot of circle cutting, here is a shot of gate lettering and dogs a friend and I did with Masonite templates.
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

home-made circle cutter

I did this with a magnet or suction cup for non-ferrous --
      Then you can drill a hole anywhere on the length for the radius of the circle.

Comment

Originally posted by sail2u View Post
        I did this with a magnet or suction cup for non-ferrous --
        Then you can drill a hole anywhere on the length for the radius of the circle.
        Looks to have twice, or more, rigidity of the commercial version I used to use with mine. Too much flex from the small diameter rod sections to be worth the time or the price.
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

I buy all of my consumables and parts for my Hypertherm 1000 from Http://www.hypermax.org. Good prices, decent shipping rates.

I bought the Hypertherm circle cutting guide a couple of years ago. It works really well for me. Hypermax carries two. Go here - http://hypermax.3dcartstores.com/Acc...s_c_103-1.html

Sail2U. That is really a sweet setup that you made.

Adios-----

Comment

Working...
          X