Tanks filled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanks filled

Hi it been awhile since I was on here under another user name n it's gone I believe? But after several years of not being around oxy acylene I was wondering if they will just fill one tank or do I need to get both at the same time? For some reason the oxygen is almost full n my acylene is running low.
    Thanks for the help

Should not matter, never heard of any requirement that tanks have to be a set to be filled....
    Last edited by Dale M.; 09-16-2021, 07:20 PM.
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

While I would normally add that this depends on where on the planet you are, I've never heard of a requirement that they be replaced in sets, even when leased. You don't mention what sizes you have or what kind of usage you are doing (but cutting would usually use more O2). Do you turn the cylinder valves off when not in use? Did you check for leaks? Or are these the tanks that have been in storage for all these years?

Comment

Yes they had been in storage for probably 15 years. They were stored at my dad's place and the regulator on the acylene had the lens broken on gauge but no leaks. And yes they had been properly turned off.But I don't know what happened to cause the lens to be broken out. He's not here no more to fill me in on what he did.
        thanks for the response

Comment

Yep. Just fill/swap the acetylene and get back with us on current pricing to do so in your area.

Comment

If they have been in storage for 15 years is the hydrostatic test on the bottles current?
            Blacksmith
            Stickmate LX AC/DC
            Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
            Hand cranked coal forge
            Freon bottle propane forge
            HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
              If they have been in storage for 15 years is the hydrostatic test on the bottles current?
              nope it's not..

Comment

Then it needs to be tested before they will fill it.
                Blacksmith
                Stickmate LX AC/DC
                Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
                Hand cranked coal forge
                Freon bottle propane forge
                HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
                  Then it needs to be tested before they will fill it.
                  Thanks for bringing this to Mt attention

Comment

Working...
                  X