Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Edge Series 300 Acetylene Regulator Noise

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced (or has an explanation) for a disconcerting sound that emits from my Victor Edge Series 300 Acetylene regulator. When I'm cutting or welding, the acetylene regulator makes a whining sound, somewhat similar to the sound when you bleed the rig after finishing. I've checked for leaks, and there is no drop in pressure when I'm using it, so I think it's something minor with the diaphragm. It's been doing this since I got it without any other issues, but I'm reviewing my safety procedures, and curious if others have this problem.

Apparently Victor provides a lifetime guarantee, but the people at my local Robert's Oxygen are not always helpful, so I thought I'd get some feedback before I go in.

I'm an amateur, so thanks for any help.

Probably vibration of diaphragm..... IF LWS no help contact Victor/ESAB directly...

https://www.esabna.com/us/en/product...ctor/index.cfm

https://www.esabna.com/us/en/support...nformation.cfm

Had really good response with these people when I replaced diaphragms in my Victor setup...

https://www.regulatortorchrepair.com/

Dale
    Last edited by Dale M.; 02-11-2019, 01:25 PM.
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaytonDornsife View Post
      Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced (or has an explanation) for a disconcerting sound that emits from my Victor Edge Series 300 Acetylene regulator. When I'm cutting or welding, the acetylene regulator makes a whining sound, somewhat similar to the sound when you bleed the rig after finishing. I've checked for leaks, and there is no drop in pressure when I'm using it, so I think it's something minor with the diaphragm. It's been doing this since I got it without any other issues, but I'm reviewing my safety procedures, and curious if others have this problem.

Apparently Victor provides a lifetime guarantee, but the people at my local Robert's Oxygen are not always helpful, so I thought I'd get some feedback before I go in.

I'm an amateur, so thanks for any help.
      All regulators vibrate at a constant frequency when gas is flowing, but in normal operation, both of a pair will sound about the same, If the sound is radically different from the oxygen regulator, then I would consider return or repair.
      Below is a diagram showing the diaphragm which is the source of the vibration (newer models still use the same principle, but diaphragm is likely metal). Click image for larger version

Name:	image_39121.png
Views:	75
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	703750
      Last edited by Northweldor; 02-11-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Northweldor and Dale M., I'll be bring the regulator in, appreciate the information.

Comment

Working...
        X