MC Regulator to #3 bottle adapter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC Regulator to #3 bottle adapter.

hello everyone, i am brand new here first day, first post, lots of firsts. So i got one of the small OA rigs from a local box store. i quickly found that my bottles were empty entirely too soon, so i have upgraded my bottles. my local gas supply has given me 3 different adapters none which have worked. The last time i asked the fella helping me if he could test it out and he assured me he did. it did not fit my bottle. i have been messing with this for almost a month now, have taken time off work. i need some guidance maybe a link. The MC bottles fit my regulator fine, my local gas supply calls my new bottle a "midget". any help is really appreciated.

Picture of bottle would help us to determine what adapter may be appropriate.... Specially the valve where regulator connection is...

Dale

Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Thanks Dale i will add some pictures later today. However i was told that all bottles over a "B" were the same thread size for the nozzle, is that not the case?

Comment

Can not give valid answer, My "B" bottle took different size adapter than what was on regulator as it came from Victor.... Believe "B" series tanks takes CGA 520 where bigger bottles takes CGA 510...

Believe the "MC" series tanks are CGA 200...

http://westernenterprises.com/enterp...a-nut-nipples/

May want to look up CGA 510 and CGA 520 and CGA 200 on Google Images to get better perspective.......

Dale

Last edited by Dale M.; 07-30-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

this is what i have. I am a little frustrated with my local gas guys. but what i am understanding is i need to go from MC CGA 200 - to CGA 510? i do not have a B bottle. It is a larger bottle. My local guys were able to get me to what i guess is a B tank, but i dont have that size so i really am not sure. i do know that i have gone through many many MC bottles, and have not been able to use my gear for a good little while. So thank you for the help.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_38656.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	701697

Are you sure you have correct nipple and nut on back of regulator?

What does fine print say on nipple nut...

If the shop you went to says its correct and it does not fit try different gas supplier...

Dale
            Last edited by Dale M.; 07-30-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

no i need an adapter this is what i am asking for. the regulator nut fits an mc tank. i need an adapter to change my MC regulator to fit all the conventional bottles. do i need to use an mc to B tank than B to conventional??

Comment

Originally posted by malomoto View Post
                no i need an adapter this is what i am asking for. the regulator nut fits an mc tank. i need an adapter to change my MC regulator to fit all the conventional bottles. do i need to use an mc to B tank than B to conventional??
                There is 10 to 15 or more possible adapters (combinations) listed here...

http://westernenterprises.com/enterp...nder-adaptors/

Your main interest may be a CGA 306 and a CGA 320...

Dale
                Last edited by Dale M.; 07-30-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dale. One of your post linked me to a couple of other welding suppliers in my area. I will see if they can help.

Comment

Doggone got it done! Thank you again for the help. Now to learn how to weld aluminum I hear Tinman Tech is a good source.

Comment

Working...
                    X