HEP, O2 regulator is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEP, O2 regulator is not working

I have a Victor Fire Power set-up, been setting 4-5 mo. in an unheated shed. Opened the tank valve, and the pressure delivery gauge started to climb, and it was backed off. Quickly opened the valve on the torch to bleed off pressure. I screwed in the delivery valve in, then out, same results. Did not wack it with a wrench

What are ya'll thoughts on this....junque or repairable?
    Rick C

HH187
    Victor A/O
    Griz, Jet, Powermatic, DeWalt woodshop

If its just bad regulator (diaphram) its repairable....Repair kits are available online, but some will reccomend to send it in for repair... Its up to you...

http://www.regulatortorchrepair.com/...ts-repair-kits

Dale
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickc View Post
      I have a Victor Fire Power set-up, been setting 4-5 mo. in an unheated shed. Opened the tank valve, and the pressure delivery gauge started to climb, and it was backed off. Quickly opened the valve on the torch to bleed off pressure. I screwed in the delivery valve in, then out, same results. Did not wack it with a wrench

What are ya'll thoughts on this....junque or repairable?
      You don't mention age or model #, but the symptoms indicate seized main valve or diaphragm failure, as well as possible failure of the pressure-relief valve, depending on how high the pressure got.

While rebuilding is not rocket science, proper testing procedure is usually beyond the resources of the average hobby welder. For this reason, I always recommend sending regulators to certified re-builders, since they have more replacement parts than are available in standard kits, and the cost, $35+ for most kits vs. $75+ for complete rebuilding, does not justify the uncertainty and time involved in DIY repair.

However, this is a topic that has been discussed many times (do a search on "regulator repair"), and there are many who have DIY enthusiasm, despite safety issues.

Comment

My vote is send it in.
        Lincoln A/C 225
        Everlast PA 200

Comment

OK thanks, I'm taling to to LWS, guesstamate max 65 dollars.
          Rick C

HH187
          Victor A/O
          Griz, Jet, Powermatic, DeWalt woodshop

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasTedsmall
            I did not find any 409, but I do have some 347. I dont know if that will help you out though.

Tony
            Sound suspiciously like probing/test post from scammer!!!!!!!!!

Dale
            Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Working...
            X