Cutting torch replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting torch replacement

I have a purox w300 cutting and welding torch with several different welding tip which I don't use But I use this unit for cutting and heating on a large farm I am guessing this torch is 35-40 years old it has been rebuilt a few times parts are still available. I had a larger pro star or victor which I found to be okay at first and after about 6 months it popped, smoked and drove me nuts so I sold it and the guy that bought it had it rebuilt. Has any body got any better advise far as torches go I use mine a lot I am considering rebuilding the purox again do you think there is anything better It has been good for a long long time, a new one may run 350 just for the cutting torch and handle no regulators??!?
    LMK

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
    I have a purox w300 cutting and welding torch with several different welding tip which I don't use But I use this unit for cutting and heating on a large farm I am guessing this torch is 35-40 years old it has been rebuilt a few times parts are still available. I had a larger pro star or victor which I found to be okay at first and after about 6 months it popped, smoked and drove me nuts so I sold it and the guy that bought it had it rebuilt. Has any body got any better advise far as torches go I use mine a lot I am considering rebuilding the purox again do you think there is anything better It has been good for a long long time, a new one may run 350 just for the cutting torch and handle no regulators??!?
    I'm partial to "Smith's" equipment, (now a part of Miller). I have a couple of their SC series, and an MC series which is smaller. There is a plethora of attachments and tips available as are any parts needed.
    Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
      While Victor's new regulators are an improvement over older styles, your old Purox set has the quality that much in new equipment just does not provide. A good rebuild will likely set you up for another 35-40 yrs.

Comment

Working...
      X