Quick Connects on Torch/Pressure Compensation:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Connects on Torch/Pressure Compensation:

If I put Koike quick connects on a torch, anything I need to know? This includes: Should I?

Additionally, do I have to compensate the pressure at the regulator? If so, how much?

Thx's, Fred.

I have a set of Western Ent. on one torch. I run oxy propane @ 10 & 40 psi. I am just about to buy a bunch of Koikes from RAM Welding Supply because they have the best price I've found. Where are you getting yours?
    "Stick-man"
    Miller Shopmaster 300, Super S-32P
    Lincoln
    Commander 500D
    LN-25
    Idealarc 250
    5 Idealarc Tig 300/300's
    Hypertherm Powermax 600

Comment

Same place, best price I found:

I am replacing my stolen torch and was wondering about adding quick connects so I can easily remove and store it and in the future, maybe, get a deadicated cutting torch.

Thx's, Fred.

Comment

I pretty much only use cutting (only) torches. And I NEVER leave them out where they can be stolen. So yes, I would recommend the disconnects. I HATE thieves! Stay away from the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia. There is a guy over there that is legendary for stealing weldors' equipment!
        "Stick-man"
        Miller Shopmaster 300, Super S-32P
        Lincoln
        Commander 500D
        LN-25
        Idealarc 250
        5 Idealarc Tig 300/300's
        Hypertherm Powermax 600

Comment

Look at the links and you will see some flow restriction on the Super Sentinel at high flow rate using number 4 cutting tip.
          2.8 psi pressure drop on fuel gas and 28 psi pressure drop on Oxygen. Just increase pressure to enough to restore performance while keeping pressure within safe limits.

http://www.koike.com/PDF/Silver%20Arrestor%20web.pdf
          http://www.koike.com/PDF/SuperSentinel.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X