Give me the right suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me the right suggestion.

I am entrepreneur, and have started my business in a small office, though the look of office is quite nice but some of its walls have scratches, I do not want to spend in whitewash. Is there any way I can remove those scratches from the walls.

Color match a gallon of paint for touch up...can't get much cheaper...You can try scrubbing the scuffs of with a plastic scrub brush and some soapy water (if it was quality paint, that may work), scrub dry with old towel. Where are you located?
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Foot, since he started his new thread in the "Oxy-acetylene" category of the forum, isn't he asking for advice on how to remove the scratches with an OA torch?

My top suggestion would be to use an OA torch with an acetylene-rich, reducing flame and soot all of the walls an even black color. I think that would produce a better result than my second choice of charring all of the walls as uniformly as he could.

I think he's pulling our legs! Either that or he stumbled his way into this forum while looking for the DIY Network.

LarryL

Comment

About 45 seconds with a rosebud will eliminate all trace of previous scratches.

The only problem will be with burning the whole building down.
        SundownIII

Syncrowave 250DX, Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200 DX w/CM 3
        MM 251 w/30 A SG
        HH 187 Mig
        XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Pulser
        Dialarc 250 w/HF 15-1
        Hypertherm PM 1250 Plasma
        Victor, Harris, and Smith O/A
        PC Dry Cut Saw and (just added) Wilton (7x12) BS
        Mil Mod 6370-21 Metal Cut Saw
        More grinders than hands (Makita & Dewalt)
        Grizzly 6"x48" Belt Sander
        Access to full fab shop w/CNC Plasma & Waterjet
        Gas mixers (Smith(2) and Thermco)
        Miller BWE and BWE Dig

Comment

Hang a bunch of hot girlie calendars on the walls. What scratches?
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

Tsk, tsk, tsk... C'mon, people - this is just more creative spam. The OP set up the question for "Gonzalez" to answer with post #5, which has embedded links for a product to miraculously solve the problem.
            Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Zrexxer, I suspected that it was spam when I saw that "Gonzalez" had set up his signature as something like "Touch up Spray." However, I disagree with you that it's really creative. If this spammer were really creative, he would have composed his original question in a way that it applied to welding. For example, he might have asked, "How can I cover up the small burnt spots made by flying weld spatter on my shop's painted wall?"

Nothing seems to get by you, Zrex!

LarryL

Comment

Originally posted by LarryL View Post
                However, I disagree with you that it's really creative.
                I probably could have worded that better, since I didn't mean to imply that it was really creative - just that it was more creative than they usually are
                Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
                Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Guys, the calendars I have for sale will cover scratches, weld spatter and a host of cosmetic flaws. Plus, if you act now, I'll include some Mighty Putty to stick them up, or cover holes where you punched your fist through the wall.
                  --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                  -------------------------

Comment

Pop, are your calendars the type that would ban my wife and underage children from my work shop?

The original poster (spammer?) asked about a way to make his scratched walls inconspicuous but I'm afraid that your calenders might draw everyone's eyes to those areas of the walls!

LarryL

Comment

Pop, are your calendars the type that would ban my wife and underage children from my work shop?
                      Oh, I hope so!

The original poster (spammer?) asked about a way to make his scratched walls inconspicuous but I'm afraid that your calenders might draw everyone's eyes to those areas of the walls!
                      But not to the scratches

I just wanna know where I can get some!

Frank

Comment

Working...
                      X