torch tip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torch tip question

hey everyone, i hope u all are ready for turkey day. i just had a question about torches. i have acetylene/oxy rig but was wanting to change to propane(in case if i was out on a personal job) ran out of acetylene if i could use propane by just changing the tip or would i have to change the regulator also?

Just change the tip.
    http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

One other thing to check is what type of torch hose you have. Type T is recommended for propane instead of type R to prevent deterioration (cracking, leading to leaks) of your hose. This is not something that will happen overnight but is related to the amount of time used with propane.

Not sure how long you could use the type R before encountering problems. I switched to type T just to be safe. Type T can be used with either acetylene or propane.
      Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union.

Comment

I used common hose for years with LP, do not have a clue as to which it was.
        http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

torch tip question

thank you sberry and bob the welder for all your help! mike
          be warned about alot more dumb questions.LOL>>

Comment

No such thing as dumb questions.... Only dumb answers!

Isn't that why we are all here, to ask questions and learn from each others expierences?

Have a happy Turkey day!
            HH140
            Millermatic 135
            Miller Thunderbolt XL

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Welder View Post
              One other thing to check is what type of torch hose you have. Type T is recommended for propane instead of type R to prevent deterioration (cracking, leading to leaks) of your hose. This is not something that will happen overnight but is related to the amount of time used with propane.

Not sure how long you could use the type R before encountering problems. I switched to type T just to be safe. Type T can be used with either acetylene or propane.
              What is Type T. I am from aus and we only have hose to suit each type of gas. Our hose for propane or lpg has perforations to help stop it from bulging and basically destroying acet hose over a period of time. But no way can you use acet in our propane hose or vice versa. Interested to know about TypeT
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X