Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TozziWelding
    replied
    I have been runing LP through my cheap "R" hoses for over a year. They need to be replaced, because of wear and tear anyway, no degridation.

Leave a comment:

• uncrichie
    replied
    I'm definitely going with the "T" grade, thanks fellas. Uncrichie.

Leave a comment:

• usmcpop
    replied
    I should have posted a link (forgot it) , but I found something that mentioned two factors - chemical degradation and permeability. Since Acetylene is used at such low pressure, apparently permeability of the hose isn't a problem. It may have to do with the size of the gas molecules as well. Long-term use and constant exposure to higher pressures could result in leakage.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Yeah, it's "T" grade, but before I knew that, I ran propane through an "R" rated hose, and I didn't have any problems. I'm thinkin' it would take pretty constant (like, daily) exposure of the "R" innards to alternate fuels before there is any discernible deterioration.

Still, the right way is the right way....

Hank

Leave a comment:

• uncrichie
    replied
    Thanks POP that looks like it. Nice to know that the T grade can be used with just about all fuels. Uncrichie.

Leave a comment:

• usmcpop
    replied
    I believe you need the "T" grade, as opposed to R or RM.

http://www.parker.com/ead/cm2.asp?cmid=3346

Leave a comment:

• uncrichie
    started a topic Hose Designation

Hose Designation

Hi all. I want to switch over to propane. Is there a number or letter designation for the correct hose I should be using? Thanks in advance. Uncrichie.
Working...
X