Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New handler 210mvp gas flow issues

Hello,

I purchased a handler 210MVP 3 days ago. I decided to hook up the machine to gas. I have pressure and gas flow to regulator, into hose, and into back of the machine. Gas stops some where near the back of the machine and does not activate when I push my MIG gun trigger in any way. My regulator needle does not bounce up or down showing me I'm not getting gas in any way through my machine or gun. I also purchased a spool runner 100 with same result. Hose is fully seated with screw tightened. Any suggestion? Waiting on a reply from Hobart at this time.

Could be simply loose connection at gas flow valve.... But wait for Hobart's response before cracking case....
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Spoke with Hobart technician. They say I likely have a faulty gas flow solenoid in the case. They had me open the machine up and check for a loose wire. I determined there was no loose wire and machine is still not activating gas when pulling trigger obviously. They referred me to the place of purchase and to exchange for a new one. Place of purchase says they are out of stock for weeks maybe even month out. They advised they can’t return payment because Hobart requires an exchange. Extremely disappointed that I have a faulty machine right out of the box for the price I paid for it.

Comment

Dang, and something so easily repaired if the part was handy, too. Any service centers near you? Will Hobart send you the part? Should be easy to replace.

Comment

I spoke with a very helpful Hobart customer service worker after calling back and not being satisfied. He said he sent the part to me before we even got off the phone via UPS. closest service center is approximately 60 miles from. Still it’s hard not to question if this is a quality welder for the price after it being faulty right out of the box. Never would have thought I would be opening up a 210MVP to replace a part after spending $1,100 on it 3 days earlier.

Comment

Well… the replacement gas flow solenoid valve arrived quickly which I was happy about. I installed the part. It still does NOT work. Back on the line with customer service tomorrow to continue this mess.

Comment

Did you check these connections at circuit board?

Click image for larger version  Name:	210mpv.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	715148
              "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Working...
              X