Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handler 135. when switch is off still a large current draw and gas solenoid open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sberry
    replied
    Sounds like a procedure developed by a millwright for sure. But fwiw,,,, the code says, welding machines must have switch disconnects all ungrounded conductors.
    Last edited by Sberry; 07-12-2022, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I like that for a procedure,,, beat on it with a big fuggin hammer till the fargin noise stops',,,, fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Heimbach
    replied
    Originally posted by davelegg View Post
    Well, I kind of fixed it by taking a pair of pliers and smacking the top support where the handle bolts on. one good whack and its all back to normal. I am suspecting a stuck relay.
    so, you gave it a whack, and it started working?
    A while ago, I was involved with industrial maintenance, one of my customers was a large private delivery company (think brown trucks).
    One of the requirements for the job was an involved write-up, concerning the repair taken steps to correct a 'mal-condition' (their words).
    I was called to the plant engineer's office once and asked to rewrite one of my job action summaries.
    The particular issue they had was my "beat on it with a hammer till the noise stopped" job action.
    The new phrasing on my bill included "induced percussive maintenance", and "established auditory levels reconciled".
    this got a laugh from those concerned for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• FrankcoProducts
    replied
    Originally posted by davelegg View Post
    I wonder if the relay is replaceable?
    Of course, you can buy the relay online and replace it yourself if you're really good with solder. You could send it to me, I have 20 of those relays in stock. I can replace the relay and test the board. I repair these boards and thousands of others for welders everyday, frankcoproducts.com

Feel free to contact me if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

• davelegg
    replied
    I wonder if the relay is replaceable?

Leave a comment:

• Dale M.
    replied
    According to electrical schematic CR1 relay must be operated for gas valve to operate (open) schematic also show gun trigger must be pulled for CR1 to operate.... Your fix seems to indicate CR1 was stuck in operated condition.....

Leave a comment:

• davelegg
    replied
    Well, I kind of fixed it by taking a pair of pliers and smacking the top support where the handle bolts on. one good whack and its all back to normal. I am suspecting a stuck relay.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    For gas solenoid to be open, the unit must have power, AND the trigger switch needs to be closed. Is the gas solenoid always on when machine is powered, also? Gas is flowing when machine is turned off?

Leave a comment:

• davelegg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
    Possible failed power switch in "on" position..
    I will check the power switch tomorrow. The fan does stop when I turn the machine off but I still hear a buzzing sound and the gas solenoid is open.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Where are you measuring the current draw, and with what device, and what is the actual measurement?

Leave a comment:

• Dale M.
    replied
    Possible failed power switch in "on" position..

Leave a comment:

• davelegg
    replied
    Does it have like a 2 stage trigger? or just a simple two wire connector

Leave a comment:

• Handler 135. when switch is off still a large current draw and gas solenoid open

As the title says when I turn the power switch off I still have a current draw and the gas solenoid is open???? I opened it up and blew it out but no change
Working...
X