Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 210 MVP no drive motor engagement

good day folks... first post.

Received a refurbished unit a month or so ago and finally had time to set up a few days ago. I know nothing about electronics so bare with me.

Fan engages on power, but no wire motor or solenoid engagement. The trigger is OK as measured from resistance change in the pins. I've jumped the 12/3 o'clock pins no change.

I've started an email conversation with Tech support, but its been slow since I'm at work all day. Would like to get at this over the weekend.

Last instructions I've got from them was to get voltage readings from the motor harness, red and black wires connected to RC4-1 and/or RC4-2.

Thats where my ignorance comes in... What are these RC4-1 and -2 things? Are they on the wire side of the unit or do I need to go inside somehow? What do they look like? I have a multimeter and enough knowledge to get in trouble...

Thanks,
    Mike

The RC4-1 and RC4-2 are push on terminals on main circuit board... You will have to open case to access these connections. You can probably trace wires from motor back to circuit board to locate connections, and designation for connection should be printed on circuit board... As for starters once inside (UNIT UNPLUGGED) verify all connection to circuit board are tight...

As side note you did check the Spool Gun/MIG Gun switch to see if it is set properly...

If you have manual for unit the schematic should be in manual...

Click image for larger version

Name:	hh210.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	714804
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gee View Post
      good day folks... first post.

Received a refurbished unit a month or so ago and finally had time to set up a few days ago. I know nothing about electronics so bare with me.

Fan engages on power, but no wire motor or solenoid engagement. The trigger is OK as measured from resistance change in the pins. I've jumped the 12/3 o'clock pins no change.

I've started an email conversation with Tech support, but its been slow since I'm at work all day. Would like to get at this over the weekend.

Last instructions I've got from them was to get voltage readings from the motor harness, red and black wires connected to RC4-1 and/or RC4-2.

Thats where my ignorance comes in... What are these RC4-1 and -2 things? Are they on the wire side of the unit or do I need to go inside somehow? What do they look like? I have a multimeter and enough knowledge to get in trouble...

Thanks,
      Mike
      Sounds like the board, classic problem with the 210MVP. I repair these boards for an affordable price, quick turn around, and a 1 year parts and labor warranty. If you are still in need of repair reach out to me via pm or visit my website frankcoproducts.com

Comment

Working...
      X