HELP! Hobart 210mvp no power to wire feed motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Hobart 210mvp no power to wire feed motor

New to the forum but a quick search seems this is a fairly common issue. Yesterday I was using the welder and it stopped feeding wire. Open the cover and I'm out of wire, makes sense. Load a new spool and could not get the feed motor to engage. I've confirmed the feed motor is good by jumping power to it and it will run. I've checked for loose connections throughout the welder and everything looks good. I've confirmed the control board is not supplying power to the feed motor output. Ive confirmed the switch is not in spool gun mode, power level selector is in a detent, and the contacter is engaging when the trigger is pressed.

I feel there is to much of a coincidence that the feed issue occured at the same exact time I ran out of wire. Is there something simple I'm overlooking? This is a very low use machine but probably 10 or so years old. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Justin

Still have not been able to get this figured out. I'm leaning towards a bad power control board but don't want to spend the $400+ on a new board to find out it's something else. Can anyone offer any troubleshooting advice?

Comment

There are several companies out there that specialize in circuit board repairs, it may be cheaper to get a exchange board through one of them then to purchase a "new" board...

https://www.innovatcorp.com/
      http://www.yorkelectronics.com/

Probably more....
      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Originally posted by sbs10v8 View Post
        Still have not been able to get this figured out. I'm leaning towards a bad power control board but don't want to spend the $400+ on a new board to find out it's something else. Can anyone offer any troubleshooting advice?
        Can be repaired at frankcoproducts.com 1 Year warranty, fully tested, less than half the cost of replacing. Can have it back in 1 week or less.

Comment

Working...
        X