Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been gone awhile. But back with a Hobart question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been gone awhile. But back with a Hobart question.

Haven’t been here in a little while. For some reason I started getting browser messages about this being a non secure site and also things like this wasn’t the real url???? Goofy stuff. Finally gave up. But needing some advice I tried again about an hour ago and all that was gone but it wouldn’t take my password etc. Had to reset it. Took a couple of times. Don’t know what was going on but finally it’s working. May have been something on my end but it was happening on my desktop Edge browser. Laptop Safari browser and my iPhone and iPad as well both Safari.
    Enough of that. Lol. should be another post.

Anywaaaay.... got another probably goofy question. I had posted quite awhile back about one of my flow gauge regulators needle jumping around. It’s actually on my hh140. I could set it at 20 or sometimes 25 using C25 and it would eventually settle down. Well I haven’t used that one in awhile but cranked her up a couple days ago and it’s doing it again. Worse than before. I ran a bead maybe 4” - 5” long and it seemed about every 1/2” it would spatter then stop. Off and on. I’m convinced the regulator is messed up

I’m thinking I just want to go ahead and get another. And maybe take/send this one in for Evaluation and repair just to have on hand.
    ive looked all over and can’t find the specific model number this one is that came with the machine. I can get a mew one local at TS. A Hobart
    770198 I believe. For like a hundred bucks.

I’m curious what model The one I have is. Can’t find a number nowhere on it. And all i see in the literature is it comes with one. Doesn’t tell which model.
    Now I may have totally overlooked it in the manual. I did not read every page. But looked over anything that it should be at. Just says it comes with the gauge/regulator.

Any info on this. Also anything about the one I’m thinking about buying? Good. Bad. Ok. Junk??

Thanks in advance.

Oh. I’m getting ‘Invalid Server Response’ messages popping up now while I’m typing this. Nabbed a screenshot. Is it just me or anybody else getting this stuff??
    Ed
    North Georgia Mountains

Handler 140
    Handler 210 MVP

Anybody else having problems like this. Here’s a screenshot of while I was posting above.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2C56D3CB-09EE-4A5D-BD01-1C1FEFD3C0DD.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	712560
    Ed
    North Georgia Mountains

Handler 140
    Handler 210 MVP

Comment

Umm..... Don't know what to tell you about the errors you are getting other then one of two things, either you have bad ISP link or bad browser.... Personally no matter what every body raves about any other browser GOOGLE CHROME has always been the one that works best for me.....Never ever liked any browser Microsoft put out....

About the part numbers of the regulators....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Noname.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.5 KB ID:	712562

Directly from manual for HH140..

Quick search online the 221 037Hobart number is superseded by the Miller Electric - 31-50-580 -6 regulator... And they list for $120 PLUS..... All depended on seller....

This seems it may be best deal on new.. Different part number but should work....

https://store.cyberweld.com/hobart-f...RoCBrQQAvD_BwE

Might also inquire here, to see if they have repair kit or to see if it can be rebuilt....

https://regulatortorchrepair.com/pro...r-repair-kits/

The original regulators were/are SMITHS.... And mine does have part number and spec lightly engraved on back of reg. body...

Dale
      Last edited by Dale M.; 04-05-2021, 10:30 AM.
      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Thanks again Dale. And I see that came right from the manual I told you I had already checked. I honestly did flip through it and man I don’t know how the he!! I could’ve missed that other than I WAS in somewhat of a hurry. I thank you and graciously accept the Goober Award for not seeing that. I believe Stevie Wonder coulda seen it. So I bow in shame. Lol. Seriously again thanks.

On the other issue I don’t think it’s a browser issue as it happens to like three different ones for me.
        BUT you mentioned my ISP. That’s probably it. Our internet is pretty decent. But it comes through our local small town phone company. They pretty much got a monopoly on a lot of things. Besides phone we have our security, cable and internet through them. I remember now there was an issue awhile back with them ‘over protecting’ the email service through them. They’re always notifying us of new anti spam etc features they’re adding. I’ll bet for whatever reason this url was blocked for some goofy reason.

Thanks again. I’m gonna stick my head in a corner for awhile for even posting that. But I did run through it.
        Ed
        North Georgia Mountains

Handler 140
        Handler 210 MVP

Comment

Originally posted by Jeelock View Post
          T

On the other issue I don’t think it’s a browser issue as it happens to like three different ones for me.
          BUT you mentioned my ISP. That’s probably it. Our internet is pretty decent. But it comes through our local small town phone company. They pretty much got a monopoly on a lot of things. Besides phone we have our security, cable and internet through them. I remember now there was an issue awhile back with them ‘over protecting’ the email service through them. They’re always notifying us of new anti spam etc features they’re adding. I’ll bet for whatever reason this url was blocked for some goofy reason.

Thanks again. I’m gonna stick my head in a corner for awhile for even posting that. But I did run through it.
          You must live in same town as we do but in different state.... Yes we also have small independent telco supplying phone, and internet and such.... Many people really having connect , speed issues, but not me, but I hear a lot of problems from others.....

Starlink (Elon Musks venture) is going to kill a lot of small Telco's when it gets into full operation (its in beta now), small Telco's are going to have to step up or die...

https://www.starlink.com/

https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=starlink

Just keep complaining to Telco and see if it helps.... Mine finally decided it was easier to work with me than to ignore me, but then I have 38 years telecommunication back ground and helped build some of the fiber optic backbone that carries internet....

Pressure on telco helps, facebook page of something like "My local ______ Telco's internet sucks" will gets their attention as other in you community climb on board..... Also with the "government" (for what ever good it is) spending a bunch of money and improving rural broadband there is also someone to complain to and maybe pressure will be applied....

Back to issue..

Try swapping regulator from/with the 210 and see it problem moves....

Dale
          Last edited by Dale M.; 04-05-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dale. I’m one of their problem children anyway. Lol. Usually the cable service though. And on the regulator I did just that. Swapped em and it was fine. I ordered a new one already.
            as always thanks!
            Ed
            North Georgia Mountains

Handler 140
            Handler 210 MVP

Comment

Hey Dale:I picked up and attached the new regulator this afternoon. The one from TS was the same model and about the same price as what you suggested. Works fine. I think I’m gonna check with my LWS to see if they handle repairs etc on the old one. It MAY not be worth putting any money in. Looking closely it’s pretty cheap looking and may not be worth messing with. Ill see what they think. And on the back of the new one is stamped 770198. Also the one on my 210 MVP is stamped the same and looks identical. It appears I got a pretty cheesy looking one with the 140 welder. I’ve never had any issues with the one on the 210.
              Thanks again for the help. And i still feel like a moron for not seeing that in the book!!
              Ed
              North Georgia Mountains

Handler 140
              Handler 210 MVP

Comment

Yeah, the front casting/machining on mine for my HH140 looks pretty crude/primitive also... Not quite what one would expect for a company that makes regulators...But its worked flawlessly for almost 8 years now....

And strop beating your self up.... You will probably get to catch me in goof up so just stay on board....

Dale
                Last edited by Dale M.; 04-07-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
                  Yeah, the font casting/machining on mine for my HH140 looks pretty crude/primitive also... Not quite what one would expect for a company that makes regulators...But its worked flawlessly for almost 8 years now....

And strop beating your self up.... You will probably get to catch me in goof up so just stay on board....

Dale

Oh! I ain’t going nowhere. Lol! Nope. Too much info here and always a pretty quick response when I need some help or advice.
                  And sometimes it gets pretty entertaining as well.

On that regulator, mine looks like it came out of a Cracker Jack box. And although it does have some wierd crap written on the back it does not have the number 770198 like the other one. You know. The number in the BOOK. Lol!

I’m still gonna let my local guys who are pretty knowledgeable and cool, take a look at it. But I can almost hear em saying throw that pc of junk in the trash.
                  Ed
                  North Georgia Mountains

Handler 140
                  Handler 210 MVP

Comment

Working...
                  X