Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which welder to choose for the long term?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BeachComber View Post

    That's what I figured. On the main site, the replacement mig guns are only for the HR100, the Flux Cored only, the 230 Iron Man, 125EZ and 130. Are they all, more or less compatible or would I have call up Hobart directly to order an extra one say for a 190 or 210 MVP?

    Also just noticed that the 200 Multi-Handler is up on the online catalog officially. I'm guessing on the 16th we'll know the duty cycles and what not? Kind of bummed it doesn't work with a foot pedal for TIG, I haven't done any TIG welding without a foot pedal, never done scratch start only either.
    https://www.hobartwelders.com/equipm...ler-200-m30242

    Dale
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

    Comment


    • #17
      Specifications are incomplete at the moment.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BeachComber View Post

        That's what I figured. On the main site, the replacement mig guns are only for the HR100, the Flux Cored only, the 230 Iron Man, 125EZ and 130. Are they all, more or less compatible or would I have call up Hobart directly to order an extra one say for a 190 or 210 MVP?

        Also just noticed that the 200 Multi-Handler is up on the online catalog officially. I'm guessing on the 16th we'll know the duty cycles and what not? Kind of bummed it doesn't work with a foot pedal for TIG, I haven't done any TIG welding without a foot pedal, never done scratch start only either.
        The HR100 is the correct replacement gun for the 190 and 210MVP.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BeachComber View Post
          Specifications are incomplete at the moment.
          The full spec sheet is available here -

          https://www.hobartwelders.com/-/medi...200-287909.pdf

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BeachComber View Post

            That's what I figured. On the main site, the replacement mig guns are only for the HR100, the Flux Cored only, the 230 Iron Man, 125EZ and 130. Are they all, more or less compatible or would I have call up Hobart directly to order an extra one say for a 190 or 210 MVP?

            Also just noticed that the 200 Multi-Handler is up on the online catalog officially. I'm guessing on the 16th we'll know the duty cycles and what not? Kind of bummed it doesn't work with a foot pedal for TIG, I haven't done any TIG welding without a foot pedal, never done scratch start only either.
            I don't know much about the machine myself but I believe it is compatible with the RJ45 Foot Control (Part number 300432).

            Comment


            • #21
              Foot pedal is shown in accessories portion of spec sheet.

              On the face of the machine, there is a foot pedal jack, port, socket for plugging the foot pedal cable into.

              Hobart should have sent me a Multi- Handler 200 to field test , so I could have done comparisons between it and my Multimatic 215.
              MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
              Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.


              PM 180C



              HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

              Comment


              • #22
                Surprised I completely missed the PDF on the welder page itself. Looking over the spec sheet, it's pretty good. Happy to see that it is a lot lighter which will be nice. 30% Duty cycle at 165amps on 240v is nice. Would have to see what the wife says, since she does get final say or at least gives me the go ahead on what I buy when its several hundred to over a $1000. She's supportive, so that's a plus. Getting a different welder won't happen until sometime next year once we get a house, but I like reading people's thoughts on Tools before I buy something. Can't wait to see YouTube reviews on the 200.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Hobart Expert View Post

                  The HR100 is the correct replacement gun for the 190 and 210MVP.
                  Thank you for the clarification on that.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Hobart Expert View Post

                    The HR100 is the correct replacement gun for the 190 and 210MVP.
                    What's the difference between the HR100 and the H100S4 that came with my 210MVP?

                    In my 210MVP manual it lists the replacement gun as the H100S4.
                    Gregg
                    Handler 210MVP
                    Stickmate 210i

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rangerhgm View Post

                      What's the difference between the HR100 and the H100S4 that came with my 210MVP?

                      In my 210MVP manual it lists the replacement gun as the H100S4.
                      The H100S4 and H14 guns have been replaced by the HR100. The HR100 would be the correct gun for the 210MVP.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        So it's just a new part number that supersedes an old one or were some updates made?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Thanks Hobart Expert
                          Gregg
                          Handler 210MVP
                          Stickmate 210i

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I forgot to mention however minor, I do have a second buggy project. It's a Badlands ST2-NG, majority is around 14ga, but the plans do call to weld a trailer spindle axle for the front A-arms. Its solid 1" steel, I'm sure my current welder will do it just fine with .035 wire, but I feel like I will be at the very top end limit of my welder output doing it. Being that it is a critical weld, I'm leaning more towards the 210mvp for this. As much as I would like the Ironman 240 or older 230, if for whatever reason I need to do something that requires to bring the welder with me, it's not practical to move a 200lb machines, not unless I had a Tommy lift gate.

                            My main concerns are having duty cycle that will keep up and having 240v capabilities so I can utilize the full range of power if needed without being handicapped by 120v, unless necessary.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I'm still going back and forth on which welder to get. I've also been looking at a Miller 211 with autoset. We have one at work, though it is strictly setup for fcaw. I've used inverter welders before, mostly in college in 2011-2012 and they worked fine. I'm just not sure if I would trust them as much as transformer based welders like the Hobart line. The lightweight is nice, but for me, the machine will be spending the vast majority of the time on a cart or weld table, not being drug around (often enough) to justify the lighter weight.

                              I would rather have too much machine than be under powered just so I don't have to worry too much about being limited by duty cycle. I did notice that the 190 and 210mvp, and by extension the 211 MM can use 0.045 flux-cored wire, do the existing gmaw liners accept that large diameter, or would one have to source a liner that would work?

                              Just for curiousity sake, how much less electricity does an inverter based welder use vs a tapped transformer type?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BeachComber View Post
                                I'm still going back and forth on which welder to get. I've also been looking at a Miller 211 with autoset. We have one at work, though it is strictly setup for fcaw. I've used inverter welders before, mostly in college in 2011-2012 and they worked fine. I'm just not sure if I would trust them as much as transformer based welders like the Hobart line. The lightweight is nice, but for me, the machine will be spending the vast majority of the time on a cart or weld table, not being drug around (often enough) to justify the lighter weight.

                                I would rather have too much machine than be under powered just so I don't have to worry too much about being limited by duty cycle. I did notice that the 190 and 210mvp, and by extension the 211 MM can use 0.045 flux-cored wire, do the existing gmaw liners accept that large diameter, or would one have to source a liner that would work?

                                Just for curiousity sake, how much less electricity does an inverter based welder use vs a tapped transformer type?
                                For home use not enough difference to worry about if yer talking about power bills.
                                Ed Conley
                                Screaming Broccoli, Inc
                                http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                                MM252
                                MM211
                                Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
                                TA185
                                SO 2020 Bender
                                Miller 125c Plasma
                                "Hold my beer while I try this!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X