140 handler stuck in overheat mode brand new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 handler stuck in overheat mode brand new

I just purchased my first welder and it will not feed the wire. When I press the trigger the light for overheat comes on. Is it bad out of the box or am I doing something wrong?

Also not sure if fan is supposed to be on when it is initially turned on but it is as well

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook View Post
      Also not sure if fan is supposed to be on when it is initially turned on but it is as well
      The fan should be running. The thermal overload should reset itself, so something is wrong. Check the circuit breaker on back of unit, if there is one, and reset, if necessary.

You should first run through all of your manual set-up instructions and, if this does not help, call Hobart support and explain the problem. Do not open the case unless instructed to do so by Hobart, as this could void your warranty
      Last edited by Northweldor; 06-14-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Do you also hear a click inside the machine, or do you only get the warning light? What are all of your settings? Polarity of leads? Power supply?

Did you already go through the troubleshooting section of your manual? Was this addressed?

Comment

A couple of things to try,

Check Voltage range switch position. Rotate knob until it “clicks” into detent at desired range setting.

Check your gun trigger leads, if you have a multi-meter, pull the gun out and check the leads for continuity with the trigger pressed, then re-seat the gun trigger leads.

Comment

Working...
          X