Handler 135 Drive motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 135 Drive motor

We have a Handler 135. It has inconsistent & low wire feed speed. When I look at the drive it does not slip but the drive wheel slows down. I unloaded the wheel by by removing the wire tensioner & tried to stop it with a gloved hand. It was surprisingly strong. I could slow it down but could not stop it. I have a new torch on order assuming the liner in the original was shot. The speed dial & the roller work correctly when unloaded. Questions: Is this normal? Do I need a new drive motor?

Can you push a wire through the current gun/liner?

Comment

Sometimes gun "whip" get run over or crushed or kinked, and it will have effect of way wire is pushed, do you notice the particular problem when whip is in a certain angle/position?

Dale

"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Next, take the tip off and see if it feeds better.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
          I'll check today.

Sometimes gun "whip" get run over or crushed or kinked, and it will have effect of way wire is pushed, do you notice the particular problem when whip is in a certain angle/position?

Dale
          I do not notice the problem when the whip is at a particular angle. It was not run over or kinked but its over 6 years old.

Next, take the tip off and see if it feeds better.
          Good suggestion I'll do that & let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
            Just thought you should know I can not manually push wire through the old gun. Removing the tip made no difference. I can manually push wire through the new gun (No tip). Got the new gun in. Installed new tip. Applied non-spatter grease. Adjusted gas flow to the recommended 20 CFH. The recommended voltage was #4 DCEP so I had to reverse the electrical connections. Recommended wire speed is 40. Welds perfect. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yep, that was the confirmation. Thank you for the update, and good to hear you are back in the game!

Comment

Working...
              X