I destroyed my Handler 140...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I destroyed my Handler 140...

Hello everyone, this is my first time on the forum so forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place. Today I did something rather stupid. I forgot that I had run an extension cord into my car trailer to charge the battery on my car. Well when I pulled the trailer out of the shop it ripped the cord out of the outlet and wrapped itself around my welder or the cart or something. When I finally stopped and saw my trail of destruction my power washer was knocked over and dragged but unharmed but my welder had been pulled off the cart and the power cord had been yanked out. It pulled out clean, the ground wire snapped but the other two wires pulled out and have the female connectors still attached. I opened it up and discovered that my supplementary protector had been broken, the tabs snapped off and the male leads are twisted, there didn't seem to be any other damage. So I will order a new supplementary protector and a new grommet that protects the cord where it enters the back of the welder. My question is, how do I know which black wire goes to the supplementary protector and which black wire goes to the contactor?? I appreciate any help anyone can offer, thank you.

Should be wiring (electrical) diagram in owners manual...

Click image for larger version

Name:	HH1450-wiring.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	706094

Dale
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Yeah, I found that but I can't make heads or tails of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tint_Shady View Post
        Yeah, I found that but I can't make heads or tails of it.
        You need help from someone that can do hands on help!...

Dale
        "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

You think I need help to push two connectors onto two tabs? No, I just need to know which black wire goes on the contactor and which black wire goes on the supplementary connector. And I can tell from a picture I have found that the smooth black wire goes on the top tab of the supplementary connector so I only need to figure out exactly which tab the ribbed black wire connects to on the back of the contactor. If I'm reading the schematic correctly the ribbed black wire connects to the tab labeled PRI1. I'm 99% sure that's where it connects but I'd like to find a picture of the back of a contactor to be certain.

Comment

An ohm meter could tell you which prong on the plug goes to which wire. On this machine I think the ground just screws into the steel frame. I don't know if your hot or neutral have terminals or crimps. Been 3 years since I worked on a Hobart 210MVP, which has similar construction techniques. One of the machines was pulled up or rolled down the concrete stairs at an apartment complex...
            fence and gate shop worker
            At home...
            Lincoln Power MIG 180....
            Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Name:	IMG_5319.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	706102Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5296.JPG
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	706103Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5330.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	706104Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5340.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	706105This is a HH135. While I wasn't taking pictures for you, maybe they will help with your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by oldguyfrom56 View Post

Name:	IMG_5319.JPG
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	706102Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5296.JPG
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	706103Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5330.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	706104Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5340.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	706105This is a HH135. While I wasn't taking pictures for you, maybe they will help with your problem?
                Yes, you're bottom right corner picture is exactly what I need, a good clear pic of exactly that, unfortunately my machine is a little different. But if someone with a handler 140 can take that exact picture I'll have exactly what I need. I need to confirm that this blue connector goes to that slightly bend gold tab, not the silver one.

Comment

Originally posted by gatemaker View Post
                  An ohm meter could tell you which prong on the plug goes to which wire. ...
                  If it helps, it is the industry standard that the smooth side is the hot prong, and the ribbed side is the neutral prong.

Comment

Working...
                  X