Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MIG Welding

Hi...
    I am new to MIG welding. Can you share some tips to perform MIG welding?

Start here:

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/

Jody has some very good info and videos.

Gregg
    Handler 210MVP
    Stickmate 210i

Comment

Originally posted by Badbmwbrad
      Hold the torch tip as close as you can to the work piece and maintain it as close as possible during the welding. Likewise, maintain the weld wire's stick-out distance (between contact tip and work piece) as short as possible.
      This is complete garbage!

Comment

Hold the torch tip as close as you can to the work piece and maintain it as close as possible during the welding. Likewise, maintain the weld wire's stick-out distance (between contact tip and work piece) as short as possible.
        Everything I have ever read/seem contradicts most of this statement.... Stick out (distance from contact tip to workpiece) should be minimal 1/4 inch (3/8 or bit more may be better).... But maintaining the distance throughout weld is critical for "heat" control...

Dale
        Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

I don't agree with this at all.

I have been welding since the late 80's and each time I read something from Jody's website I learn something new. Welding tips and tricks rocks. Thanks Jody.

Comment

Um, er, nope.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned this is bad advice?
              "He who is without oil shall throw the first rod."
              Compressions 9.7:1

Comment

Originally posted by Nipper View Post

Has anyone mentioned this is bad advice?
                I thought "complete garbage" was better!

Comment

Originally posted by Northweldor View Post

I thought "complete garbage" was better!
                  He could have said "Press the torch tip firmly to the work piece......"
                  "He who is without oil shall throw the first rod."
                  Compressions 9.7:1

Comment

Working...
                  X