175 Handler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175 Handler

My machine won't push the wire through any more. Tried replacing the liner which didn't work. Assuming the wire feed motor is faulty is it worth repairing?

Originally posted by Paul Bradshaw View Post
    My machine won't push the wire through any more. Tried replacing the liner which didn't work. Assuming the wire feed motor is faulty is it worth repairing?
    That depends? With deep pockets of cash you might wish to avoid the headache of fixing it and just buy a new one? Or you could do some reading on the subject and decide if it's worth trying to fix the problem?

Comment

You can test motor by disconnecting it from circuit board and putting leads across 12 volt battery... If motor runs, good chance problem may be else where.... Motor is 16 volt DC so 12 volt battery will power it for testing...

Part #202 708 is going to be tough to find, cursory search does not look to promising for availability...

Dale
      Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Good info. Thanks for taking the time.

Comment

It's almost never the liner. Odd thing to replace before diagnosing the problem. Definitely start with testing the motor with 12V. Do you hear the welder power contactor and gas solenoid clicking when you pull the trigger? These machines have a weak wire connection at the trigger in the gun, also.

But to answer the other question, it's probably worth replacing a motor if you confirm that is the problem. I replaced the motor in a much older Millermatic 130 ten years ago and it's still going strong.

Comment

Working...
          X