210 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 210 questions

I am new to welding be nice! a 210 says you can use .024 wire, however the only tips I can find are .023??
    Also does the 210 have the spool for the .024, and the .030, and .035 and the flux cord?
    I am on the fence on buying a 210 or a 140. Thanks

Difference between .024, and .023 is only .001, about a human hair..... Don't worry about it... Its just one of those oddities of marking

As for .030 and .035, I believe the new 3 groove feed roller on newer machines handles all three sizes wire.... Only Contact tips need to be change per wire size.... For me, I use exclusively .030 solid wire and shield gas..... You will find after a short time after purchase all contact sizes and consumable are readily available and you will fall into an area where almost all your work is done with one size/type of wire....

IF you can afford it go with the 210MVP.... I wish I had.... As you get better at welding the welding jobs always seem to get bigger.... And you can always turn down the "heat" but once you are all the way up, there is no more.....

Dale

Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

go with the 210 and really .030 wire will do pretty much anything you'll ever need both flux core or solid. when i got mine i went in thinking i'd need all different sizes but the only time i've ever used the other wire i bought was when i ran out of .030

Comment

Originally posted by ondayillermay View Post
        I am new to welding be nice! a 210 says you can use .024 wire, however the only tips I can find are .023??
        Also does the 210 have the spool for the .024, and the .030, and .035 and the flux cord?
        I'm disappointed. I only counted two? Where's the other 208?

Comment

Another vote for the 210.
          "He who is without oil shall throw the first rod."
          Compressions 9.7:1

Comment

One trick pony. That's what comes to my mind.

Buddy needs to ask 208 more questions. Get 208 more answers. Seems to me that the patient has gone to the doctor, the doctor looked him up and down and said this is what you need. Or... is that the salesman approach selling big pharma's product?

He might be better off with the 140 with a mixed gas cylinder and a AC transformer with a box of rods for the extra cost of the 210? Or he could trust the doctor, take the big pill and hope for the best?

Comment

I shopped around then settled on a Hobart wire-feed welder Co-workers talked me out of the Handler 140; arguing it didn't have enough cojones. They said that a 220V welder didn't cost too much more.

The MVP210 was quite expensive and being a novice welder, I couldn't justify its cost. My garage already had a 220V receptacle installed, therefore, the MVP's 110V capability was not a selling point for me.

My choice was a Handler 190. It has an industrial quality wire-feed drive and it can accomodate a spool gun and all of the common wire sizes including
              .024 in. or .030/.035 in. solid wire and .030/.035 in. flux-cored wire (not sure if it can use 0.045" wire though). The price is about midway between the 140 and 210. Blain's Fleet and Farm had the best price.

Originally posted by ondayillermay View Post
              Last edited by Badbmwbrad; 03-23-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

The plus side is with the MVP machine is with the 120/140 option you can go portable anywhere (to buddies house) you have power and weld... Just maybe not with 240v...

Dale

Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

.023/.024/.025 are all practically the same, and are used interchangeably. For some reason different companies used a different nominal for this size.

Comment

Working...
                  X