No announcement yet.

Trouble setting up new Handler 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I’ll definitely get them on the phone Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I have a doctors appointment Monday that may monkey wrench the situation.

On the the bright side I took the box back to Rural King today. Told them the date I bought it. They scanned the box and gave me a duplicate receipt. So no more panic. I will let everyone know how it plays out.

Comment

Just to follow up. It was a 5 minute conversation. Hobart said most likely the thermostat lead wasn’t improperly installed from the factory and I should just take it back to the store for exchange. Glad I got that receipt reprinted.

Comment

Hobarts customer support is really good....... Hang in there....

Dale
        Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

I was going to suggest you go back to RK and see they could print a duplicate receipt from their records, but you beat me to it.

Let us know how things turn out.
          Gregg
          Handler 210MVP
          Stickmate 210i

Comment

Should be fine. I have the receipt now. I have the box. The only thing I don’t have is the top styrofoam. But it’s broken so it’s not like they could resell it.

Comment

IF they care, just swap the Styrofoam. They might need to ship it back to Hobart unless they have a tech who repairs it locally.

Comment

Read This Thread

https://weldtalk.hobartwelders.com/f...obart-210-help

Comment

Originally posted by Northweldor View Post
                  I could totally see that, however in my case it wouldnt really matter. I would have to take it back to get a new gun anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremyz28 View Post

I could totally see that, however in my case it wouldnt really matter. I would have to take it back to get a new gun anyway.
                    And you get a new gun, and then find that it.s the temperatue control wire or relay??? Contact Keith before you do anything else'

Comment

I believe the conversation is take the unit back and get complete fresh one stilled in box....

Or did I miss something in #17.....

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
                        I believe the conversation is take the unit back and get complete fresh one stilled in box....

Or did I miss something in #17.....

Dale
                        No, it's my fault, because I just wish more members would use the search function, rather than trigger a rehash.. I was wrong.

Comment

Thats what I did. Took it back as that is what the Hobart rep told me to do. I was just out in the garage playing around with my fresh new Handler 140. Turns out Im not very good. I was really hoping I was a savant.

That said, just out of curiosity, before I boxed up the defective unit for return, I did quickly try the test from the linked thread. Unplugging the gun did nothing, still turned on with the overtemp light on. So it wasnt a short in the gun.

Also FWIW I did try a search, and found several old threads relating to the OT light. That said most that I found were well used welders. Im new to this forum, but Im a hot rod guy, Ive been using forums for a while.
                          Last edited by Jeremyz28; 02-25-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Well...... Lots of stuff here to help you along in your new adventure...

http://weldingtipsandtricks.com

Dale

Comment

You came to the right place. There are a lot of helpful people on this forum.
                              Originally posted by Jeremyz28 View Post
                              I was just out in the garage playing around with my fresh new Handler 140. Turns out Im not very good. I was really hoping I was a savant.

Comment

Working...
                              X