No announcement yet.

210mvp settings vs your own

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scrupulously clean nozzle and look at how everything is setup before pulling trigger.... Pam works pretty well for anti spatter until the "cook" steals it back into kitchen... Preparation is a big percentage of getting good welds..

Dale
    Last edited by Dale M.; 12-25-2018, 12:28 AM.
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

I use this.....

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is all good practice, I've learned I have much much much to learn, and need to practice a ton. I wish it didnt go so quick lol. I got the 3/8 Or bigger from work. It's the first time I was able to burn into heavy material and push the machine for a while at a time.
            I deffinetly need practice on watching for when the puddle is burning in vs melting chunks away.

I tried some stuff with 3/16 onto 16g, it was done very quick/ sloppy simply to see how quick certain things will effect the thin steel/ if it would melt into the thicker. I've got a few more pieces I can try to practice with now that I know how fast it will burn through.

I hope this is the appropriate place for this stuff as I'm learning my machine, please feel free to provide any constructive criticism. I wish I could spend a few hrs just burning in metal to learn, but thats just not going to happen per the machine/ material not having material.

Comment

the settings will come to you as you get used to the machine. door chart gets you pretty **** close starting out tho. i tend to run hotter then the chart but that's just me. hardly use it at all these days unless i'm working with a thickness i'm not used to and need to get a starting point

Comment

I usually run hot too.... If I have a lot of burn threws (proper word?) though, I back down a step on heat....

Dale
                Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
                  I usually run hot too.... If I have a lot of burn threws (proper word?) though, I back down a step on heat....

Dale

So I have a question since I just bought one of these Hobart 210 MVP welders and I am no pro. Do you
                  back down a step on the heat first or do you turn down the speed first. I thought speed controls the amps? So to me it seems like you would first adjust the speed. I have never used a stepped welder. My other Hobart welder is continuous on both the heat and speed.
                  Hobart beta-mig 2510 Mig welder
                  Victor OA Welding/Cutting Rig
                  Century 295 amp Stick welder bought 30+ years ago

Comment

Happy New Year! Yahoo! To celebrate I bring 5 pictures to the party.

Our buddy Hobartxj has been burning wire. Commendable. With review of my previous comments back in the day he was welding seat frames, successfully I might add, I said ho, ho, ho, I'm going to bring something back.

That's the first two pictures. Hope you find them helpful, worthy of thought and understanding. They did require some effort on my part to do them.
                    The last three pictures. Hmm?
                    That's the New Years Puzzler. Seemingly, the only thing changed for setting was the voltage? 1,2, and 3?
                    What's up with that? How would that effect the wire melting? The depositing metal?
                    With different thicknesses? Different stick outs? Different Positions?
                    How about shielding gas, power source, travel speed, short circuit cycles? The best part, it's transferable knowledge.

That's the puzzler. And the reason I included the first two images. My New Years wish is smarter people with less questions. That and living another year to answer them when I can in a way that has them thinking, understanding, discovering answers and applying the knowledge I've hoped to impart. Something like that?

One day it'll be like in the Matrix and we'll plug in and get smart, until them,
                    "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong

Stay healthy, smart and learning. Happy New Year.

Comment

Sure wish I could blow up the first 2 images. You need to load them as a larger picture.

Comment

Open...right click, save picture as, save to desk top or documents folder? After that, you'll find them quite readable. Also printable.
                        And hopefully of some benefit.
                        Thanks for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by coxhaus View Post

So I have a question since I just bought one of these Hobart 210 MVP welders and I am no pro. Do you
                          back down a step on the heat first or do you turn down the speed first. I thought speed controls the amps? So to me it seems like you would first adjust the speed. I have never used a stepped welder. My other Hobart welder is continuous on both the heat and speed.
                          the 2 controls need to work together well to produce good results so if you go too far with one or the other it's not gonna work right. if you turn the speed down too low it'll just melt the wire right up and into the tip or if you turn it up too high it can't melt the wire fast enough. the speed is amperage but it's also pushing out that much more wire so as you increase speed you also need to increase voltage to keep up. it's really all about finding that sweet spot where it just works and that comes with practice.

Comment

Originally posted by oldguyfrom56 View Post
                            That's the New Years Puzzler. Seemingly, the only thing changed for setting was the voltage? 1,2, and 3?
                            What's up with that? How would that effect the wire melting? The depositing metal?
                            With different thicknesses? Different stick outs? Different Positions?
                            How about shielding gas, power source, travel speed, short circuit cycles? The best part, it's transferable knowledge.

On the Hobart Handler 135, due to the design of the unit, when you make an adjustment to the voltage, it changes the rate that wire feeds for the same wire speed dial setting. So a wire speed dial setting of 20 is going to feed the wire at a faster rate with the voltage set to tap 2 then it does with the voltage set to tap 1
                            MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
                            Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Originally posted by oldguyfrom56 View Post
                              Open...right click, save picture as, save to desk top or documents folder? After that, you'll find them quite readable. Also printable.
                              And hopefully of some benefit.
                              Thanks for looking.
                              No I have downloaded the images. The res is too low. You need to upload the images at a higher resolution to be usable. There are not enough pixels in the image.

When printing the image is not usable. You may be able to print it fine because your image has more pixels but the one you uploaded will not print correctly at a full page.
                              Last edited by coxhaus; 01-01-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks you for working with me. Here is a picture of your 3rd image that I downloaded using edit. You will notice how small the image is loaded in the Windows 10 paint program. There is not enough resolution to blow that little picture up.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X