hobart beta mig 250 CV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobart beta mig 250 CV

Hey there new to this forum , looking at a beta mig 250 CV welder. includes a gas tank and a new tweeko gun . Have read a lot about parts being a problem, but is this really a big issue.

Some people say if it quits its only good as a boat anchor and some say they are bullet proof. Im pretty sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Only going to use it occasionally out in my shop. Not sure if age of it is a big issue, it will replace a 30 year old miller thunderbolt that still works.

I also am curious what the CV means on the end have seen some beta mig 250's and some beta mig 250CVs .Whats the difference?

They are considered exceptionally reliable machines, though I've never owned one. I've never seen CV as part of the model number. CV usually means "Constant Voltage" which is the type of power supply used for MIG welding.

Comment

thank you, found one on an auction trying to decide between it and either a millermatic 211 or a hobart ironman 230. But the thunderbolt is no longer an option so need something else.

Comment

As difficult or impossible as it is going to be to get certain parts for the Beta MIG, I'd personally rather go with the MM 211 or Ironman 230.

I've owned an Ironman 230 for quite a few years now. For farm or home use it is a very nice unit.
        MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
        Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Thanks Dan thats my concern might run forever ,then again might not.
          I have a few old woodworking tools but with them its mostly bearings and belts not so with welders
          Am leaning towards the iron man 230 because its to heavy for my brother to borrow easily LOL

Comment

Working...
          X