No announcement yet.

190 or ? For 1/4",10g, 3/8"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, small question. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a welder but I recently saw a YouTube video of a gentleman having issues with nozels on the m211 after a few months. Being mvp210 Hobart is what I assume mostly the same machine,

has anyone had these issues?

I am comfortable buying a m211 or Mvp210 but this seems like a pretty lame let down for this type of coin. These aren't supposed to be budget machines right?
    either way I want longevity and good resale ability

Comment

Be ware of youtube stuff...Many posters and videos are from people that are not knowledgeable, making them a first time poster and expert...NOT.... I find less than 50% of what is posted of any value.... Always have your B.S. filter on its highest settings when on youtube...

And since you did not post youtube link, or give more accurate description what "trouble with nosels" (nozzles), what was your question...

And the 210MPV and M211 are similar features and may use same gun they are not really same machine even if they share some of the same parts and heritage....

EDIT:... Is this the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-le-TIqoUbE

Dale

Last edited by Dale M.; 11-28-2018, 07:15 PM.
      Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

I 've been using the Hobart/Miller nozzle for over 15 years and never experienced the issue that guy was having. He may have been exceeding the duty cycle of the gun by a significant amount.
        MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
        Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

To have a little more heavier duty gun on the unit, I've been considering purchasing one of these for my Multimatic 215

MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

Comment

Yes dale that is the video! I realize youtube needs to be taken with some salt, but it seemed a fair issue worth asking about here

Comment

You mentioned a few posts up that you have not yet pulled the trigger, Blaines Farm and Fleet is offering a very nice sale price of 799.00 with free shipping and no tax. Plus the Hobart rebate of 100 bucks. Thats a dollar less than 700 bucks. It's a lot of welder for that kind of money.
              I'm very happy with my 210MVP that I bought 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by odis View Post
                You mentioned a few posts up that you have not yet pulled the trigger, Blaines Farm and Fleet is offering a very nice sale price of 799.00 with free shipping and no tax. Plus the Hobart rebate of 100 bucks. Thats a dollar less than 700 bucks. It's a lot of welder for that kind of money.
                That's where I bought mine (799) on sale several months ago.....best price I could find

Comment

Originally posted by odis View Post
                  **** of a deal, they must have limited quantity that they are offering as they sell out daily.

looks like a good chance to save some coin for a good hood. Still liking the Lincoln Viking

Might have pulled the trigger on the m211 with September's rebate, but I assume price will only go up if they don't have the 279$ rebate for the holidays. I think it's 200$ now.

how will the 210mvp fair with welding 1/4" or 10gauge to 16 gauge, or 16 Alone?

As the price stands it looks like the mvp210 is my machine
                  Last edited by HOBARTxj; 12-09-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

All you have to do for really thin stuff is turn heat way down and like for auto body sheet metal you do a thousand tack weld a inch or two apart till you have solid weld, you do not "run a bead"....

What are you waiting for.... BUY it, Merry Christmas (present)....

Dale

Comment

Just wanted the last bit of reassurance that I can weld 1/4 into 16 gauge sheet without the machine blowing through.

Comment

The 210 MVP will handle 16 ga well with an .023 wire. .030 will work too, but I like the .023 better. Plenty of top end power for 1/4" with an .030 or .035 wire.

The MM 211 will also of course perform well on both material thicknesses and give you even more top end power.

PM 180C

Comment

16 gauge to 1/4 is going to be a challenge... Its going to be my your skills and how you plan to make welds.... Any machine can make the welds IF operator/weldor has the skills.... Its more about you than the machine.....

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
                            16 gauge to 1/4 is going to be a challenge... Its going to be my your skills and how you plan to make welds.... Any machine can make the welds IF operator/weldor has the skills.... Its more about you than the machine.....

Dale
                            If the machine doesn't offer enough power it isn't going to matter how skilled you are. I can easily make a much sounder weld on 1/4" with a 210 MVP ran off a 240 volt circuit, than I can with your Handler 140

PM 180C

Comment

I had a HH175 for a really long time, then I upgraded to a HH190. I do mostly automotive work with it, and am really happy with it. I have welded heavy stuff with the HH175, w/o issue. The HH190 is more powerful and has more taps. I'd buy it again today.
                              HH190
                              Hypertherm 380

Comment

Am I the only one seeing OP wants to weld 16 gauge material to 1/4 material?????

Dale

Comment

Working...
                                X