No announcement yet.

Hobart Handler 180 wire feed issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The replacement part# is 238881. Best place for lowest price is www.miller4less.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
      The replacement part# is 238881. Best place for lowest price is www.miller4less.com
      Holy cow!!!! $237 dollars!!!

is there any warranty for this or will you all stand behind the machine? I bought it factory refurbished and have only run 3 spools of wire through it...

Comment

Reconditioned machines came with a 2 year warranty from your date of purchase. Beyond that there is no warranty. You can see if the board can be repaired for less at www.yorkelectronics.com as they are a board repair facility.

Comment

Keith,
          If I am remembering correctly, if this where a HH 175, the symptoms being describe would point to a high possibility of a failure of component Q1 on the control board. Would this be true for the HH 180 control board too?
          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Could be since the design is very similar. The original poster did not indicate that they were wanting to try a repair on a board so a repair service was offered instead.

Comment

I heard back from York and they have repaired the board for $87 plus shipping. They received it this monday and will ship it back tmrw.
              Last edited by bnew17; 07-26-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

My Hobart handler 190 had a wire fall off the back and was doing the same thing yours is, dealer fixed at no cost( just plugged it back in and works as should ...)

Comment

Working...
                X