Snap on YA 219 110V Mig Welder Diodes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap on YA 219 110V Mig Welder Diodes

I have a older Snap On YA 219 110V Mig Welder that just quit working. I was welding yesterday and all of a sudden it started buzzing very loud and then tripped the breaker. I heard before that diodes go bad frequently in these machines so checked these and one of them is open both directions. Searching online I found some but they are very pricey. I have found others that are only around 10.00 but I have no idea if they are correct. The ones I'm looking at are 70A 1600V
    Does anyone here know how to tell what type and size of diode I need? There are two and they both are what I believe positive type.
    Steve
    " If you smell something burning check your clothes first."

CHEATERS 2.00

Those look more like a 70 amp 300 volt diode like the old Handler 120 diodes, part# 406170-003(Miller part now)

Comment

Have you tested diodes with ohm meter?

THis may work for replacement...

http://www.alliedelec.com/vishay-pc...f100/70079078/

Dale

Last edited by Dale M.; 05-15-2018, 04:19 PM.
      Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

CRAP.... Tried to help with diode recommendation BUT SPAM GUARD won't let me post a link.........

Try search of Allied Electronics for "Vishay PCS VS-85HF100", Allied stock number 70079078 ...

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
          CRAP.... Tried to help with diode recommendation BUT SPAM GUARD won't let me post a link.........

Try search of Allied Electronics for "Vishay PCS VS-85HF100", Allied stock number 70079078 ...

Dale
          Thank You Dale for your recommendation. I'll go with this, it looks like it's quite substantial, could you please let me know how you came up with this particular part? Also I'm thinking about changing both of the diodes which are identical parts.
          Most of the things I've read on the internet lead me to believe that there should be both negative and positive diodes however mine are both positive ( stud is the cathode). Can you offer any information on that?

Steve
          Steve

CHEATERS 2.00

Comment

Took your 70 Amp 1500 volt values and did a search on Allied Elect.... Generally going up in amperage and voltage values is not a issue its when you get smaller its a problem.... Dont really think 1500 volt is a valid value it seem pretty high for a 120 volt rig.... I just hope its only a diode failure you are chasing.... Still have to question if you tested diode to see if shorted or open.... And by looks in solder joint on diode in pic I would look over all the joints and stuff.... Not to impresses with interior for a SNAPON tool...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
              Took your 70 Amp 1500 volt values and did a search on Allied Elect.... Generally going up in amperage and voltage values is not a issue its when you get smaller its a problem.... Dont really think 1500 volt is a valid value it seem pretty high for a 120 volt rig.... I just hope its only a diode failure you are chasing.... Still have to question if you tested diode to see if shorted or open.... And by looks in solder joint on diode in pic I would look over all the joints and stuff.... Not to impresses with interior for a SNAPON tool...
              I tested the diodes and the one on the left side, the one that connects to the ground clamp is shorted and the one on the right side only flows in one direction. I don't know if the diode is the only problem but the one is bad so I guess I'll have to change it and go on from there. I'm still not sure that they both should be standard diodes (they both flow to the stud) but that's what in there now so........ Thanks
              Steve

CHEATERS 2.00

Comment

Working...
              X