Mig welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig welder

So, I’ve been chatting about this in another site. But, it is always good to see different thoughts.

I have a Bobcat 250. It is a few years old. I want a mig welder. I am new to welding. I was going to get the Millermatic 252. Until, Miller told me it would not work with the power of the Bobcat. So, I am down to Suitcase 8,12 or the Millermatic 212.

How would these work, using my Bobcat 250, as a power source?

What exactly did they say? That generator power is bad for the machine, or that your generator won't provide enough power to use the MM252's top-end capabilities? If the latter, it will still work, just not at its potential on the big stuff, so no different (except in duty cycle) than using the next size smaller machine.

You said you already have a conversation going on about this. Why didn't you link us to it so we don't just rehash the same questions?

Comment

Wait a minute.... Miller states the Bobcat 250 can do MIG (GMAW and FCAW) along with stick..... Are we talking about same engine driven welder here?

http://www.millerwelds.com/equipment...-welder-m00185

Click on Specifications and see "processes" ... Or am I missing something here...

If the Bobcat 250 can do MIG, why do you feel you have to connect another MIG unit to it?

Dale
      Last edited by Dale M.; 04-20-2018, 01:32 PM.
      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Well, the Bobcat still needs a feeder to do MIG. Some would rather have a self-contained MIG that can use shore power or generator power; even if it's not portable like a dedicated SuitCase feeder for the engine drive.

But yeah, if always going to use the engine drive, there are some big advantages with the Suitcase RC.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
          Well, the Bobcat still needs a feeder to do MIG. Some would rather have a self-contained MIG that can use shore power or generator power; even if it's not portable like a dedicated SuitCase feeder for the engine drive.

But yeah, if always going to use the engine drive, there are some big advantages with the Suitcase RC.
          OK got it....

Dale
          "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Working...
          X