Lincoln LN-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln LN-25

I want to run smaller rolls of wire on this box but I am having trouble finding the right part to do it with. Does anyone know the part number for these parts?

11 pound spools are no problem with them 1, and 2 pound spools are a bit different as I don't believe they were intended to do that.
    Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Good to know thanks

Comment

Those are pretty nice feeders and usually very reliable if kept dry. Seen several of them shorted out by riding in the back of a truck getting caught in the rain. Don't do that would be my advice. I know a lot of guys that run those nearly all day without problems.
        Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Well I’m thinking about selling it to get a multimatic 200 with all of its auto set features takes a lot of the guess work out of it. What do you think?

Comment

Not enough info to answer that kind of question. The Multimatic 200 is modern and fancy and provides its own welding power from any land power or generator. The LN-25 is a mainstay in the industry and bulletproof. Since its welding power comes from your engine drive (usually), you aren't hauling around a transformer every time you pick it up on the jobsite. Just the feeder and welding leads. Only you can answer the question as to which is better for what you want to do.

Comment

Hey Mac I didn’t realize that it had a inverter built into the box. Hence why it only has the MVP plug in and not the cable connector like my LN-25. I got it now. So what is the contactor that is an option as an accessory in the LN-25 owners manual? Should I have this for mine? Also how do I know if mine is a k-428 or 429?

Comment

Not all LN-25s have a contactor. This is the part that turns off the welding power to the gun until you pull the trigger. Very convenient a lot of times, but adds to the cost, weight, and complexity a bit. If you are not laying the gun on electrically conductive parts (steel catwalk for example) then it may not be all that desired. I don't have one anymore and don't remember how to tell the difference.

Comment

Working...
                X