Hobart 210 MVP questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart 210 MVP questions

Hi everyone. I'm new here. Just bought a 210 MVP and wondering about a few things.
    Thank you for any help.

1. Are the first 4 taps the same voltage and current on 110 or 220 ? so it wouldn't matter whether you used either input power?

2. With the duty cycle as a percentage question. Should I leave the welder ON after welding a bit and let the fan run cooling things off or shut it off? I have a habit of reaching over and turning the welder off while I set up for the next weld, go get a drink, etc. I've never hit the duty cycle just wondered what the best practice is.

3. I read some web chatter that a certain spool gun 100 won't work on some MVPs (old vs new). This one was purchased in FEB 2018. Will the current offerings out there fit it?

Thanks for all. I've ran a couple of spools of .030 flux core through it so far as a beginning welder and it has worked flawlessly.

Lenny

Originally posted by lennyzx11 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new here. Just bought a 210 MVP and wondering about a few things.
    Thank you for any help.

1. Are the first 4 taps the same voltage and current on 110 or 220 ? so it wouldn't matter whether you used either input power?

2. With the duty cycle as a percentage question. Should I leave the welder ON after welding a bit and let the fan run cooling things off or shut it off? I have a habit of reaching over and turning the welder off while I set up for the next weld, go get a drink, etc. I've never hit the duty cycle just wondered what the best practice is.

3. I read some web chatter that a certain spool gun 100 won't work on some MVPs (old vs new). This one was purchased in FEB 2018. Will the current offerings out there fit it?

Thanks for all. I've ran a couple of spools of .030 flux core through it so far as a beginning welder and it has worked flawlessly.

Lenny
    The MVP is fan on demand, so it should be allowed to run until the fan quits, as best practice. Your manual has Duty Cycle and Volt-Ampere graphs for the various taps.

Hobart Expert Keith will be able to reassure you on spool-guns other than listed in your manual.

Comment

The amperage on 120 volt (steps 4-5-6-7) are pretty close to same amperage as same as early model 4 step Handler 140... Its in the 210MPVP manual pages 11 and 12...

https://www.hobartwelders.com/om/6di...60274d_hob.pdf

Latest spool gun will fit latest model welder I'm sure.. Again the data should be in owners manual...

Get some C25 gas and run some solid core wire, you will probably never run flux core again....

Dale
      Last edited by Dale M.; 03-04-2018, 08:55 PM.
      Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

The MVP is a continuous fan and runs whenever the power is turned on. While using the unit it is best to just leave the machine on so the fan can properly cool the unit. The Spoolrunner 100(300796) is compatible with the Handler 190 and Handler 210MVP. All the duty cycle information is in the OM but rest assured, there is an overtemp thermostat in the unit to protect the machine in case duty cycle is exceeded.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
          The MVP is a continuous fan and runs whenever the power is turned on. While using the unit it is best to just leave the machine on so the fan can properly cool the unit. The Spoolrunner 100(300796) is compatible with the Handler 190 and Handler 210MVP. All the duty cycle information is in the OM but rest assured, there is an overtemp thermostat in the unit to protect the machine in case duty cycle is exceeded.

Keith
          Lenny, sorry for the misinformation I provided about the fan. I was wrong. However, best practice on all welders is to let them run until cool after use. Many are built with a circuit that keeps the fan running until the machine is cool, even when the power-switch is turned off.

Keith, what models have fan on demand?

Comment

The only one currently is the Ironman 230.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
              I appreciate the heads up on the fan. I suspected so.
              it knew about the over temp protection.
              My worry was that shutting the fan(power) off and allowing the internals to heat soak without cooling air.
              i am planning on getting a bottle of C25 soon. I weld a lot outside.

Comment

Working...
              X