No announcement yet.

aftermarket adapter spoolrunner 100 to Handler 140 vs 210 mvp at 110 volts only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket adapter spoolrunner 100 to Handler 140 vs 210 mvp at 110 volts only

I am planning to buy an aftermarket kit to use the spoolrunner 100 with my handler 140. I only have 110 volts available.After the spoolrunner is installed on my 140 is there any advantage to the handler 210 mvp using 110 volts only?

Not really.... Heats 4-5-6-7 on 210MPV on 120 volts are almost the same as the early (4 heat) HH 140... Only reason to have 210MVP is IF you plan to have 240 Volts run into your shop or raid use of wife's electric drier plug...

Dale
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Thank you. I wish to do mobile welding around a large marine area, boats and docks inland. very thin stuff.

Comment

Have you yet tried to weld aluminum with a 120V machine? What's "very thin" to you?

Comment

it probably won't work too good ,if you use a extension cord .I tried to use the top tap on 120 volt ,welding alum with a spool gun ,using a extension cord ,not good .I set my 210 mvp to the 220 volt plug ,set it to the same thickness and speed settings ,and used a 220 volt extension cord ,way better .

Comment

Working...
          X