HH 175 wire feed motor not running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH 175 wire feed motor not running

have checked all components in circuit board, and all checked good. Not getting DC voltage to motor. What can cause this. Can hear solinoid click when pulling trigger. Wire feed pop checks good also.

What is the DC voltage across the + an - output terminals when the trigger is pulled?

Comment

There is voltage there. There is 26 volts at motor plug with trigger pulled when motor is unplugged. When motor is plugged back in voltage is 0 when trigger is pulled.

Comment

Trouble is in the board. Most likely PTC1(RX185) or Q1(2N6388).

Comment

Already replaced the Q1(2N6388)
          teied jumping the PTC1 still no go.

Comment

I stand corrected the is only 19-22 volts at motor plug with motor unplugged. When plugged in there is 0.

Comment

When bypassing the PTC be sure to get through the hard conformal coating that is applied to that board. The only other item in the motor circuit is relay. CR3.

Comment

I did scrape the conformal coating off the PTC when I tried jumping it. How can I go about testing the CR3

Comment

Check for voltage drop from the motor connector rc2-3 to the output lead of PTC1. Should be 0Vdc when the trigger is depressed, same across PTC1 if it is good. If both read 0Vdc with the trigger pulled then the Q1 you replaced is either bad or not turning on. Test DC volts from TPF to TPC, should read 11Vdc with wire speed at max. If you have this voltage then your Q1 is most likely bad.

Comment

Should there be voltage across the pct1 when trigger is pulled/released??

Comment

Can cross the emitter collector on q1 and motor runs.

Comment

Either Q1 is bad or you are not getting the voltage from TP-F to TP-C. What did you get at the test points provided in an earlier post?

Comment

Working...
                        X