New HH 190 wire won't feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HH 190 wire won't feed

Hello all, I just purchased a HH 190. I have everything setup per the instructions but the wire won't feed.

I have power(fans are running).
    I hear the clicks when pressing the trigger.
    I tested the tension at different stages.
    I verified there were no obstructions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What about wire size and the rollers. You didn't mention either. The wire size on the side of the roller as you view it is for the groove on the back side of the roller. Provided of course the rollers are double grooved. If the groove is to big it can't grip the wire. If you have wire protruding from the nozzle loosen the roller tension and try to pull some wire using pliers. If there is no wire protruding from the nozzle then its getting hung up somewhere in the gun. Sometimes the wire will hang up just as it enters the tip because of a burr which formed when the wire was cut with a dull cutter.

Comment

The wire size is .030 and I know that i'm using the correct side of the roller. What I'm not seeing is the roller trying to 'roll'.

Comment

Check on the position of the MIG gun/ spool gun rocker switch located in the wire drive compartment.

If you don't have the voltage selector switch set exactly to one the 7 detents the wire won't feed too.
        MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
        Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Check to see if the roller has knurling in the grooves, I'v got a welder before where they were both smooth.
          "Workshop" - a place to relax and enjoy life.

Comment

Make certain the gun is seated completely so that the liner barely clears the roller.

Contact tech support if all else fails and they can lead you thru steps to determine where the problem is.

Comment

If the roller isn't turning then it isn't positioned correctly or something internally is broken or perhaps needs tightening.

Comment

Guys, the Handler 190 has a MIG gun/ Spool gun selector rocker switch located in the wire drive compartment. If this switch is set to spool gun, the wire drive on the unit won't function ( no rotation of drive roll) when the gun trigger is pulled in.
                MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
                Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
                X