New MVP-210 excessive charge when not triggered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MVP-210 excessive charge when not triggered

I have a new MVP-210 connected to 110V and have used MIGs quite a bit but this one is doing something I've never seen. When I finish welding and release the trigger, I touch the same metal piece again and rather than seeing a very small spark one time the remaining stickout wire melts completely away.
    After welding I touch the wire quickly to the material, trigger not squeezed, and I get a large spark and some wire melts away. I can touch it again without welding and the wire sparks and melts away again.

Again, I'm used to seeing a small spark of static discharge but this is some serious power to melt the wire to the tip! I've never seen this and it troubles me to know I'm using it and may have a more serious problem later that will just cost me more money that I don't have.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast PA 200

Comment

The contactor could be stuck in the closed position.
      MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
      Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
      X