extending the work lead on a MVP 220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extending the work lead on a MVP 220

How do I extend the work lead on my MVP210?? I need ~ 40-50 more feet.......

Why would you need to extend the work lead 40- 50 feet when the gun lead is only 10'? Extending the work lead that long is going to result in a significant voltage drop that is going to reduce the level of top end power available. Understand with short circuit transfer or self shielded fluxcore a drop in the output voltage as small as one volt is actually significant. Even a change of 1/2 volt on the output could require you to use the next tap up or it could make the tap perform better.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-17-2014, 06:29 PM.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

The only thing you should really extend is the power cord. Just buy some SO cord, plug and recepticle and you are in business.
      Walker
      Chief slag chipper & floor sweeper
      Ironwood Artistic

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
        The only thing you should really extend is the power cord. Just buy some SO cord, plug and recepticle and you are in business.
        Thanks......done......wasn't sure which end to extend

Comment

Working...
        X