210 MVP question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 210 MVP question

I want to use .045 hardface wire with my MVP 210. It looks like I need to change my factory installed liner to a .035-.045 liner. Is that correct? Is there anything else I need to change or adjust?
    Also, any tips?
    Thanks for info

Contact tip and drive roller...

Dale
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

why .045 ?

Comment

Originally posted by garygnu View Post
        why .045 ?
        I figure it will make larger beads and the skids I am putting it on are probably over 1/4 in thick.

Comment

not going to happen

The gun is only rated 100 amps, 100% duty (10 minutes) on co2. The machine will run .045 GS or T-11 flux core for a few minutes here and there. I have done some high duty cycle production work on tap 6 with .035"solid wire but the results were not great. With the machine and gun heating up, the output went down and spatter went up. With self shielded flux core you are not cooling the inside of the lead and gun. With this machine and gun .045" is only for low duty cycle stuff. Remember 150amps/30% duty cycle is probably between tap 5 and 6. You will have to put in a .045" liner.
          are you trying to run .045" self shielded hard facing or solid hard facing wire? Definitely not going to run .045" solid wire. May not have high enough voltage to pour on .045" self shielded hard face wire.
          Last edited by gatemaker; 07-14-2014, 06:55 PM.
          fence and gate shop worker
          At home...
          Lincoln Power MIG 180....
          Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Originally posted by gatemaker View Post
            The gun is only rated 100 amps, 100% duty (10 minutes) on co2. The machine will run .045 GS or T-11 flux core for a few minutes here and there. I have done some high duty cycle production work on tap 6 with .035"solid wire but the results were not great. With the machine and gun heating up, the output went down and spatter went up. With self shielded flux core you are not cooling the inside of the lead and gun. With this machine and gun .045" is only for low duty cycle stuff. Remember 150amps/30% duty cycle is probably between tap 5 and 6. You will have to put in a .045" liner.
            are you trying to run .045" self shielded hard facing or solid hard facing wire? Definitely not going to run .045" solid wire. May not have high enough voltage to pour on .045" self shielded hard face wire.
            self shielding
            have a couple skid shoes (2 1/2 - 3 in wide maybe 5/16 thick) that I, want to herringbone with hardfacing around the wear points, maybe 6 in long. every 5/8 in. this particular corner wears quickly and I am trying to not wear through the shoes. it is on a grader blade to work gravel roads that I pull behind my tractor

Comment

Working...
            X