Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever use wire cleaning pads.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever use wire cleaning pads.....?

hello to all,

just wondering if anyone has used the little cleaning pads that you out inside the welder to wipe off the wire before it goes through the liner. it comes with a bottle of cleaner/lube and is supposed to cut down on friction as well. just wondering if it was a good idea to use this or is it bunk.... thanks
    HH 190

Originally posted by Lang View Post
    hello to all,

just wondering if anyone has used the little cleaning pads that you out inside the welder to wipe off the wire before it goes through the liner. it comes with a bottle of cleaner/lube and is supposed to cut down on friction as well. just wondering if it was a good idea to use this or is it bunk.... thanks
    Never had to, even in a dirty shop, with reasonable vacuuming of machines about once a month.

Comment

Lincoln says, don't use it. I don't.
      *** Disclaimer ***

As I have no wish to toy with anybody's life, I suggest you take this and all other posts with a certain amount of skepticism. Carefully evaluate, and if necessary, research on your own any suggestions or advice you might pick up here, especially those from my posts, as I obviously haven't the skill and experience exhibited by some of the more illustrious and more successful members of this forum. I'm not responsible for anything I say, as I drank toxic water when young.

Comment

I always wanted to try it but never did.

Comment

I just use a square of (brown) scotchbrite pad an binder clip to keep it over wire...

Dale
          Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

what I like using best in a shop environment is old fashioned foam ear plugs!! just run the wire through an ear plug... a lot less resistance and work's great...

Comment

Working...
            X