195158 Mig Conversion Available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 195158 Mig Conversion Available?

I picked up a Hobart 125 from a friend of mine that is brand new in the box. Its an older model part number 500487. It does not have the gas kit in for switching over to gas. I know the conversion kit I'm supposed to use is #195158, but I can't find it ANYWHERE. Does anyone know of somewhere I can still buy one, or if there is an equivalent kit in another brand or something? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Welcome to the forum TxFireman1972.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast PA 200

Comment

Best to call Hobart and find out if the parts to do the conversion are still available. The latest manual references that kit number but I seem to recall reading that it had been discontinued since the newest HH125 came with a gas solenoid.

The Hobart moderators read the forum and might answer your question.
      CanoeCruiser
      Harris dual-stage O/A
      Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
      Hobart IronMan 210
      Lincoln PowerMig 135
      Miller 3035 spoolgun
      Thermal Arc 185
      Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
      Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
      Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

I have a similar question.

I have the HH125 that comes with gas valve yet the manual references kit 195158 as the add on I need. What kit do I need to add gas to my welder?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by trivington View Post
          I have the HH125 that comes with gas valve yet the manual references kit 195158 as the add on I need. What kit do I need to add gas to my welder?

Thanks.
          Since your welder has the gas solenoid, you need a gas regulator and the hose connecting it to the welder. And of course, a tank of shielding gas. Any welding supply store can outfit you. Those components aren't that expensive and buying local won't cost much more than ordering on-line.
          CanoeCruiser
          Harris dual-stage O/A
          Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
          Hobart IronMan 210
          Lincoln PowerMig 135
          Miller 3035 spoolgun
          Thermal Arc 185
          Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
          Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
          Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

Working...
          X