Hobart 175 acting funky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart 175 acting funky

Same welder I posted about before, now doing something new. As soon I pull the trigger and the wire touches metal it pops and melts the wire up inside the tip. I put new tip on and does it again. Melts the wire up inside the tip and the brand new tip is trash. Sometimes I can get it to start a weld but it wont weld long before the wire fuses itself up in the tip. When it welds, it welds fine, but that isnt often. What should I check? Losing power to drive roller or something?
    Thanks

Check the tension on the wire roll. Should be just tight enough to prevent over spooling.
    Do you have the right size feed roller for the wire?
    A .030 feed roller will not work correctly on .024 wire.
    Make sure that the pressure roll is set correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by rlarkin View Post
      Check the tension on the wire roll. Should be just tight enough to prevent over spooling.
      Do you have the right size feed roller for the wire?
      A .030 feed roller will not work correctly on .024 wire.
      Make sure that the pressure roll is set correctly.
      I will double check in the morning. I made that mistake when I first got this welder. I didnt know the drive roller had diff grooves for diff size wire. I ran .030 while for a long time then when I switched to .023 wire it welded horrible unil I learned about the grooves in the roller then just turnes roller around and it welded perfect-ish. But thanks, I will check those two things in the morning.

Comment

Working...
      X