swapping wire spools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping wire spools

Getting ready to do some body work, so I need to change my wire spool over from .030 to .023. Rather than wasting the wire that is in the whip, is there a way to roll it back onto to the spool??? I opened the pressure assembly and laid the whip out straight but still couldn't get the wire to roll back.
    Last edited by jeremymillrood; 12-30-2013, 10:01 AM.

If you released the pressure, and it sounds like you did, try slapping it all back together again, unscrew the tip from the torch, run an inch or so of wire out the end, snip the tip and wire off and try again. Probably just a bit of slag on the tip from welding holding your wire from backfeeding.
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

thanks for the info..I'll bet that's the problem..

Comment

just wanted to follow up on this..that was the problem..trimmed the wire and with the pressure released it pulled right back through the line. Thanks.

Comment

I am glad you got it taken care of. I wish more people would give a bit of a conclusion to their problem or project they asked for help with.

Comment

Working...
          X