Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HH 210 intermittent problem with Mig gun...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH 210 intermittent problem with Mig gun...

I've had two of these machines (first one went under during Sandy) and have had absolutely no problems with either one. The last few times I've used my HH 210 using flux cored wire I've been having a problem beginning my welds, or starting an arc i guess. I setup up my steel, get my gun in there and it arcs for a second then stops almost like the wire is getting jammed in the tip with slag etc but it happens even with a new tip. It creates the arc for a second then i lose it, then the wire pops back out of the gun. Maybe something with the liner in the Mig gun? Its definitely something with the gun/liner/machine as my WFS is always adjusted correctly to what material im welding and i keep my gun clean.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post
    I've had two of these machines (first one went under during Sandy) and have had absolutely no problems with either one. The last few times I've used my HH 210 using flux cored wire I've been having a problem beginning my welds, or starting an arc i guess. I setup up my steel, get my gun in there and it arcs for a second then stops almost like the wire is getting jammed in the tip with slag etc but it happens even with a new tip. It creates the arc for a second then i lose it, then the wire pops back out of the gun. Maybe something with the liner in the Mig gun? Its definitely something with the gun/liner/machine as my WFS is always adjusted correctly to what material im welding and i keep my gun clean.

Any suggestions?
    Have you gone through section 9-17 of your manual, and, if so, what were the results?

Comment

To much drive roll pressure will can crush (deform) fluxcore wire, and cause it to hang up in the round bore of the contact tip.

Inspect your work clamp contact surfaces. I had some arc start issues with my Millermatic 210. After some investigating I notices that the contact surfaces on my work clamp were fairly dirty. I took some fine grit emery cloth to the contact surfaces, to shine them up, and this fixed the arc starting issues.
      MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
      Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

My hh210 has done this from day one no matter whatwire or how I set the pressure. I bought it new. I have never had this problem with any other wire feeder. Sometimes it will happen in the middle of the weld and really piss me off. Friend of mine bought a new miller last year and has the same issue.

Comment

I have had the same issue on both my HH210, and my little baby Lincoln 135+.
          I either use the next contact tip size larger, or drill it out 1 number bit size.
          Problem no longer exists.

I found that some tips are so tight on the tolerance, that it swells slightly while welding, choking on the wire.
          I could watch it as it cooled, about 5 to 10 seconds, and the wire would pop out.

Comment

I have a 210mvp and have never had this problem but if the wire sticks in the tip either more wire speed, less voltage, more stick out, and or less drive roll pressure is needed. Just saying......
            Fireman Bill

HH 210 MVP
            MM 211
            Spoolmate 100
            Lotas LTP5000D Plasma
            Oxy/Accet (Victor)
            Wards AC/DC buzz box
            30 ton old hyd press
            A few brand name tools
            A bunch of cheap tools
            A wife to worry me and
            4 dogs to supervise me