DAN: Let's talk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAN: Let's talk!

I left you a short email (in this forum). I believe I'll be happier with the 210 MVP. The analogy I've come up with, is: "Math is great, but I'm an arithmetic kinda guy".
    "Good Enough Never Is"

I haven't received any Emails or messages from you.
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Its me vs. technology, and so far its light years ahead of me, and I'll never catch up!

The email (I have no idea where it went in Cyberspace)was just saying if you were serious about that 210 MVP swap, I was very interested...but I've read your other reply, and understand. I've already posted the TA on Craigslist (Austin), and have one rather promising bite already...but if I end up keeping it, I'll simply have to get dragged into the modern age of infinitely adjustable welding!

The TA is great machine, but I guess I want an "Automatic Transmission, and don't want to go about learning a Standard Shift" at my age...simple is better!
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Hobart MIG welders with switched voltage taps and well designed/tested inductor make learning welding easy. While infinite voltage adjustment makes learning infinity harder. Your welder adds infinite inductor control to really make it infinity confusing. I always say adjust your infinate voltage control in large adjustments as if it was switched voltage taps this way you can see, hear, feel how your weld changes. Adjust only one control then test weld before changing the other control. It is 3 times more important to do this with added inductance control. Learn by using your welder this way and you can teach even old foot new dances.

Trend is to simplify controls with intelligent controls and computer feed back. Making welding machine much more complicated to make it easier to use. Multimatic 200 is Millers version.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00361

Comment

Working...
        X