X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craiglist score Beta mig 250

new member , ck in ..

since i purchased this off of CL i thought i would join this site and ck in
    anyway picked up this Beta Mig 250 , so far very pleased with this welder .
    price 600.00 came with CO2 bottle, gauges , 44 lbs of 35 wire , hood , gloves etc.. tips .
    switched the tanks and this thing can burn ..
    TS2

Attached Files
    We the unwilling , led by the unknowing
    are doing the impossible , for the ungrateful
    we have done so much with so little for so long
    that we are qualified to do anything with nothing..

tips

if your 250 still has the tip # 379314 that is 1/4 X 20 threads and you can't locate any local
    like me at my local farm store so i purchased some Hobart style tips KT IND INC .
    part 2-1552 that is the same size but has 1/4X28 threads then you can cut new threads
    1/4X20 with a die and you will be good to go i just did 2 packs 10 tips and they all work great .

TS2

Comment

Welder looks clean! Mine does not have that genex on it, does it look added or stock?
      Hobart Bros. 250 Beta-Mig,
      HH-125 Handler Mig Gas
      Ln Weldpack 100 flux machine
      14" Makita Chop Saw
      Everlast 250 Tig combo Plasma Cutter
      Thermal Dynamics Pak 25 plasma cutter 110v
      Seattle Washington
      Owner Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Hobart at one time private labeled for GENEX who was a large domestic welding distributor. Same as the Hobart version just GENEX labels.

Comment

Beta

Hello,
          yes the welder is pretty clean this welder has been setting for the last 12 yrs in a climate controlled garage as this welder came out of a old hot rod shop and was used to weld
          square tube framed for t buckets etc.. i was told . i even saw the last frame it was used on a 1925
          blown t panel type truck . anyway ive had this machine about a week now it seems to weld pretty good
          with plenty of power .

the welder had a brass tube fixed ziptied to the hose for the gun as it would droop comming out of the front of the machine so i also mounted a 9 inch shelf bracket and now it supports the hose comming out and keeps it
          level at all times ..

the High - Low switch :::::
          before i even bought this machine i tried to find out as much as i could by searching on the net - google
          i even read the post where a poster said to switch the switch back and forth pretty hard and be firm with it as it
          may not switch into position all the time , so i remembered this and so when i got the welder home and thinking
          man this thing has been setting for the last 12 yrs i better be pretty firm and really work that high-low switch pretty good and get it use to working again ,, guess what the mount broke on both sides and the switch was just hanging in there by the heavy wires ,, so i removed the covers top - side what you will find is in the front of the high low switch when it was made the switch has on both ends a space about the size of a quarter that is 1/4 inch thick and it has a brass insert this is threaded thats what your two mounting bolts screw in to , they only screw into the switch about 1/8 inch by the way . so i broke both of the quarter size spacers off , to fix this
          just drill through the switch with a 1/8 drill bit and i used 10/24 socket head screws that were 1.5 inches long
          with loc nuts , so you insert ther 10/24 screw through the front and slip on the two broken spacers back in front
          of the switch , the breaks are clean so they mate right back to the switch then use the loc nuts and just snug it down , there it is incase some other users breaks his like i did mine .

I'm still satisfied with this welder . at work i run Miller 452 in the shop and in the yard i use SA200 and i just got
          a new Commander 300 .

TS2

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          Welder looks clean! Mine does not have that genex on it, does it look added or stock?

Last edited by ts2; 04-05-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X