Will my 4000 wat generatoer rum my HH140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my 4000 wat generatoer rum my HH140

I want to know if my 4000 watt generator will rum my HH140 and my HH 210 without doing any damage to either the welder or generator. I have a 220 and 120 volt plug on my generator. I have some welding to get done and no electric any where near by.

Thanks

Originally posted by kctgb View Post
    I want to know if my 4000 watt generator will rum my HH140 and my HH 210 without doing any damage to either the welder or generator. I have a 220 and 120 volt plug on my generator. I have some welding to get done and no electric any where near by.

Thanks

You will be pretty small for using the 210 off of that unit. Probably have crummy arc starts and will probably weld up to tap 3/4 max. The 140 will be fine. You need to know, not all generators are the same. Some 4000 watt ones be better then others.
    Esab 2200 AC/DC
    Thermal 211i
    Thermal Pee-wee 85s
    Smith O/A plus mini torch
    Smith machine torch
    LN-25 pro
    LF-72 feeder
    Edwards 65 ton
    5X10 CNC table
    Victor A-120
    Miller Shopmate 300DX
    S-74D feeder

Remember good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

If I do the math the 140 will work but I don't want to damage it. Electric from a generator is dirty electric and I don't want to damage the electronics in my welder.

Comment

I ran my 125 ez off of my portable generator the other day for a little bit to try it.Mine is only a 3200 watt with 2 110 plug ins.Just wanted to see in case I had to weld a little something where I had no power,seemed ok for what little I did.
        Pro-level dumpster diver/Shop full of the finest foreign tools Hobart 125 EZ

Comment

Working...
        X