Handler 210 MVP Demo video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 210 MVP Demo video

For those interested in a decent demo of of the Handler 210 MVP arc quality check out the below YouTube video. Jody needs to work on his cursive lower case "e" motion a little bit, but he has the arc dialed in pretty darn good. I am already very familar with the solid short circuit transfer arc Hobart Expert Darrell has come up with on the more recent Hobart units. The one thing the video refreshed my memory on was how impressed I am by how responsive the arc starts are on the recent Hobart units.

He has some Ironman 230 videos too, so I suspect Hobart sent him a few units to play with.

http://www.youtube.com/user/weldingtipsandtricks
    MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
    Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Don't you personally think it's a multi-pass 3/8 welder with solid wire/ C-25? Seems like a reverse J is better for thicker metal in general. (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V View Post
      Don't you personally think it's a multi-pass 3/8 welder with solid wire/ C-25? Seems like a reverse J is better for thicker metal in general. (IMO)

Non-critical applications would be the only way I'd consider the unit a single pass 3/8" unit. Hobart has it marked right on the door chart that 3/8" may require multiple passes. I personally use tap #7 for 1/4" (horizontal or flat T or lap joint) when I want a hot weld that wets out well. I would have used tap 7 to weld the square tube to the bumper base. Being 100% honest , due to what I have available as options, I would more then likely really set the Migmaster 250 or Ironman 230 up with C10 and spray arced the tube to the bumper base BUt if the Handler 210 MVP was all I had then I definitely would have went with tap 7.

I don't use the cursive "e" oscillation very much anymore. I use to use it for non-critical 1/4". However, since My Hobart units and Migmaster 250 run such a clean (low spatter) short circuit transfer in the upper 19 -21 load voltage range with good weld puddle wet out anymore I just crank the unit up, and use a little side to side oscillation how much depends on how the puddle is wetting out.

Now that watched the video again this evening there were a few welds that he ran that looked like the wire speed might have been a little to high. But overall the video still shows that the Handler 210 MVP produces a solid short circuit trasnfer arc with good weld puddle wet out.
      MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
      Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Working...
      X