Ironman 230 First thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironman 230 First thoughts

After getting my Ironman 230 over the weekend I have built the stand for my grinder made out of a truck brake disc 2 3/8 pipe and then a honda brake disc for the top. Nice to finally have a welder that could handle it.

Have a feeling I'm going to make the ground cable longer. Kind of hard to keep the gun straight with the ground cable only 10'. What would it hurt to make the cable 20' and increase the wire size?

If I could change one thing it would be the door latches. Hard to nearly impossible to open with my gloves on. Other option would be for them to add a plastic version of the weld chart. Thinking I'll just go get that section of the manual laminated or see about just ordering that sticker from them.

Spent last night doing some practice. The fan even kicked on a couple of times.

What Iv done thats worked out well is take a digital photo of the chart and print it then have it laminated and put it on the wall or double side tape it to the bottle..jim
    http://www.youtube.com/jimcaf57

Comment

Originally posted by jimcaf View Post
      What Iv done thats worked out well is take a digital photo of the chart and print it then have it laminated and put it on the wall or double side tape it to the bottle..jim
      I actually got a new sticker sent to me from Hobart!

I'm hoping to post some more thoughts about the Ironman 230 and the projects I have tackled so far, but I'm not quit finished. Hopefully this weekend I'll get them finished out and can post some pics.

Comment

I upgraded my old Hobart 2510 mig welder with a longer work lead wire and new ground clamp. I changed my work lead to a 15 foot 2 gauage wire from the 10 foot wire. The machine now welds much better with less pops. The longer lenght really helps me to move around much better.
        Hobart beta-mig 2510 Mig welder
        Victor OA Welding/Cutting Rig
        Century 295 amp Stick welder bought 30+ years ago

Comment

I like the Idea of a longer ground lead!
          http://www.youtube.com/jimcaf57

Comment

Don't need or want a door latch, pin or tape the latch so only gravity holds door closed.

Comment

Working...
            X